Reload this Page >

Royal Hawaiian or Hilton Hawaiian Village

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Lucie

This is our first trip to Oahu...we want luxury but at the same time we want a fun place for our 3 year old. Which of these two great hotels should we stay at

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:57 PM
lcuy

Don't know if HHV is really 'luxury' but it is a really fun place for kids...swans, penguins, good beach, pool, and lots of action- catamaran rides, a kids club, and big enough your child can run around.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:01 AM
HHHRRR

Lucie - We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian in January and loved it. Much better location in comparison to the Hilton. The R.H. is right on the best beach in Waikiki. Many stores and dining within walking distance. Luau they put on was pretty nice, big plus that you are located right where it is put on. Good luck with your trip.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Leslie

The HHV is set apart from the rest of Waikiki which makes for a long walk - hopefully you'll have a stroller. I, personally, don't like the HHV because it is simply too massive, like a small city. Reminds me of Las Vegas hotels. Also, I would never put a 3 year old in a hotel kids program. I think it would be scary for her.

The Royal Hawaiian is lovely and elegant. Also with a beach which is about a 3 year old is going to relate to anyway. For animals, you can take her to the Honolulu zoo. I'd stay at the Royal Hawaiian if I could afford it!

Old May 26th, 2002, 05:28 AM
carrie

I loved the Hilton Hawaiin Village. I thought the beach was by far less crowded and more beautiful because of this. We stayed in the Ali'i Tower and loved every minute of it. We went over to Royal Hawaiian and thought that it was far too crowded. The Hilton really makes you feel like your in Hawaii. Where The Royal Hawaiian is there are just too too many people.Hope this helps.

Old May 27th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Becky

I recommend a rental at the Lagoon (timeshare) tower. Even a studio room will give you a mini-kitchen, but if you are ready to pay for Royal Hawaiian just to get a hotel room, rent a 1 br suite in Lagoon Tower for a full kitchen and free laundry room on every floor. Nice to have with a little one along! Studio rooms in Lagoon Tower do not have balconies, but all other unit sizes do. I'm a Hilton Timeshare owner, and these are lovely. Also, the beach fronting HHVillage & Hale Koa (neighbor) military hotel & park (nice & green with trees, picnic tables & beach showers) are on the widest & best stretch of beach in all of Waikiki. Take your stroller along the paved beachwalk!
Go to hilton.com website to check availability, watch for tower name, or just call hilton by phone. Have a Great Trip!

Old May 27th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Becky

I checked and a King 1 bedroom oceanview villa is 285/nt, full kitchen, gorgeous. But that is based on availability. Is this comparable to Royal Hawaiian-hotel room only?