Roundtrip Anywhere

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 02:05 PM
Loving

Roundtrip Anywhere

We won two round trip air fairs anywhere in U.S. Where would you go for five days? We like it all - mountains, woods, beaches - warm or cool. Not picky. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 02:32 PM
Debbie

I think that we would need more information from you-where do you live;where have you traveled to in the US;when would you be going,etc.Fill in the blanks and I am sure that alot of people will be glad to help! Debbie

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 03:32 PM
Gary

For instance, where do you NOT wish to go?

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 04:30 PM
Noach

Yes, you need to be more specific. Based-on what you've said, you could go almost anywhere. Does it have to be within the 48 states? If not, why not take advantage of the opportunity to go to Alask or Hawai`i? Try to stay more than 5 days, though, esp. if you are going to HI from other than the W. Coast.

Who did you win the tickets from?
Fodors is having weekly sweepstakes for tickets.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 04:34 PM
traveler

If your tickets permit it, I'd say Hawaii....Oahu, Maui, Kauai or the Big Island of Hawaii. Any of those are spectacular. If you're limited to the mainland, San Francisco and Yosemite National Park would be my choice.
Congratulations and have a great time!

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 08:34 PM
Loving

Sorry for the vagueness. We are on east coast. Never traveled much of U.S. other than East Coast. Won at Chamber of Commerce dinner. Will travel in November.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 06:39 AM
FlyAway

I would pick Hawaii as airfares from the east coast to Hawaii are generally very expensive. If Hawaii is not allowed then I would pick San Diego or San Francisco.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 07:01 AM
Janet

I live in San Diego and since you want the beach I would pick San Diego. I would pick Crystal Pier Cottages as they sit right on the pier at nite the sound of waves are great to fall asleep to. Ask for a remodeled Cottage, they
are very nice. The beach is very nice, rent bikes and ride or walk the boardwalk. This is close to restaurants within walking distance. Within ten minutes are great shopping malls, the San Diego Zoo(which has to be the best in the world), gaslamp quarters, which has wonderful restaurants and shops, also Old Town and Seaworld.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 11:01 AM
GOL

See if you can get your ticket to be a 'stopover' ticket. This allows you to see > 1 city on the one ticket. You fly from point a, thru b (change planes, e.g.) to final destination of c. Instead of changing planes right away, you spend a few days in destination b. It is just like a flight with a connection, but you stopover somewhere in the middle.

For example, If you want to go from Newark to Anchorage, you change planes in Seattle. After touring Alaska, you fly back to Seattle, spend a few days there, then return to Newark. Same could be done to a trip to Hawaii, I assume, with a stop in one of the connecting cities.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 12:12 PM
Cindy

Assuming you have to stay on the mainland, I would suggest San Francisco. It is lovely, and there is plenty to do, but five days is a reasonable amount of time. November is especially nice, if my memory is correct.