romantic restaurant suggestions in the loop

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are headed to chicago for a short get-away and to see Wicked. We have matinee tix on Saturday of Easter weekend and are staying at the Monaco.

Need suggestions for dinner Friday and Saturday night. We will be arriving (we are driving) Friday around 5pm. So, something within walking distance, more casual would be great Friday night.

For Saturday night, would like something nice and romantic. We love Italian food or steak/seafood. Ambience is key, as is good food.

I have seen in this forum suggestions for Trattoria #10...my friend suggested Petterino's, but I haven't seen really good reviews?

Please help!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM

We were just in Chicago and had an incredibly romantic and delicious dinner at Roy's on N. State St. It is Hawaiian fusion food - lots of fish and other choices. His signature dessert - pineapple upside down cake is a must!
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 01:24 PM

I am not a big fan of Petterino's myself. I do recommend Trattoria No. 10. Another Italian option to consider is Vivo (just west of the loop on Randolph - www.vivo-chicago.com if teh weather is nice and you don't mind a 20? minute walk...it's within walking distance). I like the atmosphere a lot - the tables can be a bit close together, but I love the atmosphere and the food is excellent. We had a party there a few years ago we like it so much.

Right across the street is a great dessert place - if you like chocolate (as that's about all they have in many different forms - pastries, candy, ice cream).

If I think of other ideas, i will post again.
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 10:41 AM

Atwood Cafe in The Hotel Burnham is very nice and might be good for Friday night. Nick's Fishmarket isn't too far away and could qualify for romantic. For romatic italian I'd cab it to Merlo on Maple. It is a quaint little restaurant in a rowhouse with different rooms filled with tables. Great food and staff!