Romantic marriage proposal in LA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in need of suggestions for a romantic spot in LA to propose marriage to my lady. We are traveling to the area late September from Portland, OR. Staying for 4 days. Doing Disney, Universal etc...

I've been thinking about maybe Catalina Island? Someplace on the beach? A romantic restaurant?
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:13 PM

Catalina would be very nice. How about a nice spin down to Laguna Beach around sunset? South of Main Beach Park, you can find relatively secluded coves. You walk down steps to the sands, walk around a bit, then pop the question....

If you want a restaurant setting, how about Splashes in the Surf and Sand Resort in Laguna? Alternatively, Las Brisas has nice views as well.

If you were willing to head down to San Diego, I'd recommend a similar setup in La Jolla (proposing on the beach in one of the little coves down there, or over dinner at George's at the Cove)....
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM

Closer to LA, maybe up in Malibu? I just don't get there often, so I can't recommend anything there. But it sure is beautiful up there...!
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:23 PM

Porterbill: Take her to lunch or dinner at the Bel Air Hotel (Beverly Hills). After you eat, go for a walk in the gardens and propose there among the swans - it's very romantic IMHO.

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:39 PM

gualalalisa: Awesome suggestion. Would not have thought of it myself-- kudos!
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:43 PM
mdv

Ditto the Bel Air--very romantic, especially the swans on the pond ( a friend of mine received her marriage proposal there about ten years ago).
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 04:13 PM

I have a friend that got engaged recently at the Ritz-Carlton in Dana Point. They had a special event package that was really lovely.

Closer to LA, how about Shutters Hotel on the Beach?
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:12 PM

Took my boyfriend to the hot tubs in the Puddingstone Reservoir area for a romantic evening. They have outdoor tubs covered by gazebos built into the hillside. It's dark out there, so you can see the stars, and the cool night air feels good. They have food/drinks, and there was a radio/cd provided.

You're all alone out there on the hill, very quiet, very rustic, very romantic. If you go in the evening (my recommendation), it will probably take you half an hour from Hollywood/LA. You can, and should, make an advance reservation. Totally worth it, it's an experience we won't forget.

The website is http://www.hottubsresort.com.

love
roxy
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:17 PM

Also...

I haven't been to this one, but it looks awesome, I've seen it used several times on the tv show "Blind Date"...it's called Splash Spa, it's around 3rd and Beverly area, near the Grove/Farmer's Market. They have theme rooms (jungle, caveman, etc), a different kind of place if you wanted something less rustic.

http://www.splashspa.com/relax/flash-welcome.html

more love
roxy
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 06:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Three votes for the Bel Air Hotel!!!
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 06:23 PM

I think I would go to the Getty Museum and propose behind a rosebush or something. It's a really beautiful spot and a cut above Disney & Universal. Well worth your time.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:34 AM
ltt

another vote for laguna beach.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:08 AM

laaguna yes in la what about hollywoodhills yamishiros restraunt japanese gartdens sorry for spelling errors
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:12 PM

Geoffrey's in Malibu is one of the nicest restaurants in the area. There are also lots of proposals at Il Cielo and Four Oaks. Very romantic places. The Hotel Bel Air is gorgeous-- that's a great spot.

Catalina is great. If you go over there, I recommend taking a golf cart (for rent all over the island) up into the hills and proposing while looking over the harbor. Another idea is going out to the Wrigley Momument & gardens, where it's very quiet and private.

Patricia Arquette's husband proposed to her by renting the Silent Movie Theatre and then having them project a message onto the screen asking her to marry him. That's my favorite L.A. proposal story.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:19 PM

Dinner at the Getty (open Fri & Sat night), and then a proposal in the garden by the fountains.