Search

Rockport, MA area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockport, MA area

We will be going to Rockport, Mass. area in June. Any suggestions for B and B ? Price is not object, just beautiful everything.
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
jtp

You will be going to my favorite respite. Despite the grand location (directly on the water) of the Yankee Clipper, I have twice been disappointed, by poor service and accomodations that are past their prime.
This is also more of an Inn then a B&B so - here is what I offer :
TheAddison Choate Inn (www.addisonchoateinn.com), We have loved the Emerson Inn (www.emersonbythesea.com) Not fancy, but charming with amazing hospitality is : The Tuck Inn (www.tuckinn.com) additionally, The Inn on Cove, gets outstanding reviews.
Need ideas for restaurants? I always check the New England Section at www.egullet.com for updates and I have never been disappointed.
Let us know if you need ideas for sightseeing!
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 08:39 AM

Is the Linden Tree Inn good? I haven't been there since the 70s when distant cousins owned it.

Keith
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Linden tree is just "ok". Addison Choate is very nice, no water views, but a great old charming house.

If a spectaular view is what you want, try the Captains House on Marmion way, or the Seaward Inn.

Seven South Street is nice as well and Inn keepers are fantastic.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:06 PM

I think you will love Rockport. We stayed there several years ago at the Inn on Cove Hill.We planned to stay for one night but extended our stay and called back before we left New England. It is small but very pretty. We often had breakfast on one of the balconies at the back, overlooking the town and harbour.Mr & Mrs Pratt, the owners were great though it has changed hands since then I believe.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:11 PM

Yes, I can recommend Seven South Street too. When we stayed several years ago a very nice lady called Eileen used to serve a great breakfast with well prepared English tea.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I love the Old Farm Inn in Rockport. Not in the town, it sits opposite the entrence to the beautiful Halibut Point National Park- A beautiful walk through til you come to the rocks to maybe picnic overlooking the ocean.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.oldfarminn.com/