Search

Roaring Camp Train

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roaring Camp Train

My husband and I are thinking of taking my 4 yr. old nephew to Roaring Camp in Felton to ride the train. One problem: I am afraid of heights! Can anyone tell me what the steam train ride is like? It looks like an open train and the website mentions a "steep grade." Anyone taken a ride on it? I appreciate your help.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 11:28 AM

I've been on the train many times, and it is an open train. If memory serves (it's been awhile) the route goes over a couple tresels, but I don't think they are particularly high. My mom is afraid of heights too, and she has been on the train several times.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 08:38 PM

I think it goes under a high tressel but it doesn't go on it. My husband thinks maybe that high tressel is for the train that goes to Santa Cruz or maybe it's not used. But at any rate, you should be fine with a fear of heights. Everything looks solid around the train.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 08:19 AM

I am very afraid of heights and I took my family and we had a lovely day. I think you will enjoy it. Good luck.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM

I took the train from Santa Cruz Beach to the Camp. The train had opened and closed cars, and the seats were "reversible" - you can always adjust it to look ahead. As the day was cool I was inside, and can't recall feeling a problem - I have the fear of hights too.

Honestly, that ride felt a bit boring.