Riverside, CA area questions

Oct 14th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Riverside, CA area questions

Will be visitng the Riverside area next month. I was wondering if anyone has opinions or tips about the following places we may visit: The Citrus State Historical Park, The Kimberly Crest Mansion, and Idyllwild. Thanks.
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:12 AM

BillyM,

OK, I have to ask: Why are you going to Riverside?

Curious
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Curious, I have family living in the area. They do not get out often and we were considering visiting these attractions.
Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM

A must see while you are in Riverside is the Mission Inn. Sunday brunch there is excellent though a little pricey. I have been to the Kimberly Clark Mansion. It's very interesting expecially if you enjoy gardens.
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:32 PM
Ost

Although Curious had a reasonable question, coming to Riverside is not so horrible. Even the president of the US came last week! I live in riverside and there is not much to do. The Mission Inn does have a nice brunch. But are you coming to Southern Ca. for the first time? There are other places within one hour drive that are fun. Rent or borrow a car. There is Palm Springs, LA, San Diego, Disneyland, beaches, and lots more. I do like Arrowhead and Big Bear better than IdYllwild better since they are bigger. If the visit is just for Riverside only then the places you mentioned are alright but I suggest bringing a few recipes that take all day to cook! and enjoy
Oct 24th, 2003, 07:20 AM

Ost,

" If the visit is just for Riverside only then the places you mentioned are alright but I suggest bringing a few recipes that take all day to cook! and enjoy."

VERY funny! You said it well. A nice book might be appropriate as well.....
War And Peace??

Curious
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:49 AM

I would spend one day at Glen Ivy Hot Springs. I went there last year and found it very nice. Day rate is around $35.
Molly

Search this Thread