Search

Ritz Lake Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ritz Lake Las Vegas

Can anyone tell me about their recent trip here and is it worth it to take my 3 yr old with us! Any do's and dont's, would also be helpful!
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 06:11 PM

is March recent enough? It is a wonderful property with outstanding service (after all it is the Ritz; although I do (did?) prefer their New Orleans Hotel. It is a ways off the strip, but were you planning to take your 3 y.o. gambling and to the shows? It is in a nice village with boating and a bunch of restaurants and shops. Also convienient for some day trips. It is not typical for a Las Vegas trip but then a little kid in Vegas? What do you 3 like to do? Why Las Vegas?

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 06:28 PM

I was there this past February. It's a beautiful property, with rolling greens for golfing. The main reason I went was because they have this village set up like a small Italian town, complete with it's own version of the Ponte Vecchio. And I needed to see any Ponte Vecchio at that time.

When I was there, it was relatively quiet. It wasn't completely developed/caught on yet. When would you be going and how long would you be staying?

Admittedly, there's not much around the Ritz @ Lake Las Vegas unless you like shopping (pickings are slim). I would go back for a quiet time with a bit of gambling.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

tamparamp/mcnyc: opted for Ritz because we love there properties and picked Vegas because of hubbies 45th and he loves loves loves GAMING! Figured I could get the best of both worlds: I'd feel like I'm in Italy at a great resort with great service that I know is kid friendly and he can golf and game. Off the strip I think is a better idea with a 3yr old inspite of the times before we've travelled there and seen tons of little ones hanging around. My daughter would probably become capitvated by all the machines and reallt drive us mad! So, no thanks to that strip until she's much older!
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM

travelbuff127: then I think you made the best decision! But when your 3 year old grows up and wants to shop at the other Ponte Vecchio she will really drive you mad.
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

tamparamp - I'm fine with her wanting to drive me mad on the real Ponte Vecchio one day! (God willing I live that long! LOL!) Just needed to know I made a good choice, so I'm glad I posted! Though, I wish I would hear from more people out there with small children in Vegas (and especially those who stayed at the Ritz).
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 12:04 PM

travelbuff127, you will certainly live that long, as 20 years will go by way faster than you think! While you made a good choice, I think most people going to Vegas don't take their kids (but we took our kids everywhere) and most people with small kids can't afford the Ritz. But let's bring this to the top and see if anyone with kids and has been there will respond.