Rihga Royal Hotel, NYC questions??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a hotel for 2 nights next week -Midtown area- for daughter and myself - we've stayed in city many times, but only suite hotel we've stayed in is Kimberly, and I'm accompanying my daughter who is recovering and very tired - Rihga is closer for her to be able to walk to interviews and I want suite so she can relax in between appointments more comfortably than standard hotel room would offer.....anyone any experience with this hotel?
any other recommendations for suite hotels near this area?
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 08:45 PM

this hotel is fabulous! My daughter and I stayed there in December (2005). We had the top (52nd) floor! It is the tallest hotel in Manhattan. I have heard that they are in the process of remodeling, but I think the top floor must have been completed because it was just wonderful. The suite must have been at least 600 square feet. It had a very large living room, large bedroom, walk-in closet, beautiful bathroom, plus a separate lovely half-bath. The furnishings are very nice and comfortable and it was like living in a very nice apartment.
there is a sofa bed in the living room, but I had ordered a cot - not really being sure about the "suite" aspect ahead of time. Well, I have to tell you that the "cot" is perhaps the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
The bar often has kind of famous musicians, etc hanging around.

By total coincidence my sister told me that she has probably stayed there a hundred times on business trips. Her favorite.

I can't recommend it more highly.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

cabovacation: thank you - I had just never talked to anyone who had stayed there and feel better knowing someone has - from their web page it appears the restaurant is closed, probably the renovations you are speaking of, but that hopefully won't affect us w/ too much noise - I'll give them a call and ask about a quieter location, being that she will need some quiet during the days - if that can't be accomodated, then I'll move to the next step.
Many thanks for your reply and info -
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM

This trip report from another site has a review of the hotel and might be useful.

http://p104.ezboard.com/feuropetogof...picID=97.topic

-Bill
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Bill: Thanks ! I did call hotel and they confirmed restaurant under construction and a few rooms at a time but promised us a quiet one on a floor with no construction, even though he said you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. thanks for the link -appreciate you taking the time to do that- it was a great link
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM

ttt for btv120
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM

Try hard to get on that top floor!

Also - the hotel is large enough that the construction is not likely to bother you. I hope your daughter has a peaceful recovery.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

thank you all for your help and kind words. We'll let you know !
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Just back from NYC--
finished a stay at this hotel--March 3,4,5--Had room on 20th floor---very quiet--
"living'room" with sofa bed (very comfortable)bedroom with French doors and small dessing area, large bathroom with separate shower/tub AND a bidet.... No restaurant but across street is a small "Pub" that had really good food AND around the corner on 7th in middle of block (across from Carnegie Deli) is Fluffies !! good food, great coffee & pastries--quick services. Bigger deli next door was NOT good --stale food and poor service and over priced.
I am sure this hotel will meet your needs.
good luck..

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all of you for the info - our stay was fabulous, so fabulous I am posting separately for others who may sometime be looking for a hotel in the city - wonderful, clean, quiet, great service.