Richmond hotels

Jan 31st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Richmond hotels

Hi, I will be traveling to the Richmond area each month for business. I am looking for a hotel or b&b that is nearby, comfortable, clean and a maximum of $200 a night for during the week stays. I will be driving so I will go a bit out of my way for a great place.
Thank you!

Jan 31st, 2005, 09:00 AM

Hands down, no other choice but the wonderful Jefferson Hotel.

www.jefferson-hotel.com/
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:23 AM

I live in Richmond. Have reccommended Jefferson Hotel several times but unfortunately, will never again. The Hotel is beautiful. Service is horrible.Although it get's these five stars for this and that, it has been a huge disappointment. I would be safe in this town and stay at the Omni or at a Bed and Breakfast
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:28 AM

Sorry to hear the Jefferson isn't up to par. I have never stayed there but enjoyed the lobby and the meal I had there. I was going to recommend it too.
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:34 AM

gosh, what a disappointment. I walked through the building this summer while visiting friends downtown. I was drooling.
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:37 AM

Once again, Hotel is beautiful, service is horrible,
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Fairhope

NO to the Jefferson!! Stayed there Xmas 2003. It took 3 phone calls to get proper Xmas info. They simply would not return my calls until I spoke to the Executive Secretary. Then I got up and left the dining room at breakfast after sending meal back twice and then was told "The chef is out today".
This is also one of those hotels that allow pets!!

Jan 31st, 2005, 10:09 AM

I live here so I never stay in hotels. I can say that I too am dissappointed that the Jefferson is not up to par. It is a beautiful landmark hotel. Other hotels in the city would be Omni, Berkely Hotel, Crowne Plaza and a full service, but basic Marriott. The Berkely has a nice restaurant and is located in the Shockoe Bottom.(restaurants you can walk to nearby.)
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the advice, it is really appreciated!
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:38 AM
GoTravel

I think the Commonwealth Park Suites is the most under rated hotel and best value in Richmond. Huge all suite hotel. Living room/dining room marble bathroom, four poster beds in bedroom. It is a block from the Shockoe Slip and a short walk to the Shockoe Bottom. Across the street from the Governers Mansion.

Feb 1st, 2005, 11:12 AM

I second the recommendation on Commonwealth Park Suites. We stayed there last summer. The suites are large and the price is right. The furnishings are a little tired but you do get a free breakfast.
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:32 PM

Hello- I see someone recommended the Commonwealth Park Suites Hotel- WARNING! My husband started to stay there last night as it was recommended by the company he is working with in Richmond. The hotel insisted on valet parking only. He hesitated as the valet parking attendant appeared to be on the "unsavory side"- to make a long story short- his intuition was correct. The attendant took off with his car and was gone for approximately 25 minutes and could not be located. My husband was able to view all of this as the parking lot was visible to him and he never saw his car. He reported it to the police and hotel management. I would hesitate to stay at a hotel that hired and employed such staff!!