Return from Austin to New Jersey

Old Oct 16th, 2019, 05:06 AM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Return from Austin to New Jersey

Hi,

we need help in deciding the best possible route from Austin to New Jersey,
where to stay on the way, what to explore etc
since we would be taking southern route going into Texas So coming back we wanted different route and therefore need help

thanks
twinsmom101 is offline  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 05:11 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,707
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you driving? If so, how much time do you have to make the trip? What kind of places do you like to visit? Are you looking for just a place to spend the night(s) or do you want to spend some time visiting/exploring during your stopover?
RoamsAround is online now  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 08:13 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 16,180
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Connect dots on a map for what you might want to see.
Have no idea of "what" wouthern route you took.
Also have no idea of how long you want to take.

Did you go to NOLA? Birmingham? Montgomery?

Do you want to go to Memphis? Nashville? Knoxville? Shenandoah Drive? Charlottesville?
Gretchen is offline  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 08:42 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,749
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good questions from RoamsAround and Gretchen. Do you have a car that has to go back to New Jersey? It is possible to get from Austin to New Jersey in about 2.5 days by taking the Texas Eagle to Chicago spending several hours in Chicago and then the Capitol Limited to Washington DC and a Northeast Regional to your destination in New Jersey. Considering the cost of 2 or 3 hotel rooms, gas etc. The trains might be an option if you wanted to see Chicago and Washington on the way home.
tomfuller is online now  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 04:18 PM
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoamsAround View Post
Are you driving? If so, how much time do you have to make the trip? What kind of places do you like to visit? Are you looking for just a place to spend the night(s) or do you want to spend some time visiting/exploring during your stopover?
yes we are driving, we love road trips
we have 4 days to get back to Jersey, we want some new place to spend night and explore a little at stop over
twinsmom101 is offline  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 04:22 PM
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomfuller View Post
Good questions from RoamsAround and Gretchen. Do you have a car that has to go back to New Jersey? It is possible to get from Austin to New Jersey in about 2.5 days by taking the Texas Eagle to Chicago spending several hours in Chicago and then the Capitol Limited to Washington DC and a Northeast Regional to your destination in New Jersey. Considering the cost of 2 or 3 hotel rooms, gas etc. The trains might be an option if you wanted to see Chicago and Washington on the way home.
Yes we have a van, we are family of five and we love road trips, we have been to Chicago so many times, we were thinking hot springs Arkansas and Knoxville as stopping points
twinsmom101 is offline  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 04:24 PM
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Connect dots on a map for what you might want to see.
Have no idea of "what" wouthern route you took.
Also have no idea of how long you want to take.

Did you go to NOLA? Birmingham? Montgomery?

Do you want to go to Memphis? Nashville? Knoxville? Shenandoah Drive? Charlottesville?
by southern I meant Dc, Virginia, Carolina and Nola
we havenít covered Birmingham and Montgomery Alabama yet
twinsmom101 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
rannycool
United States
7
May 16th, 2014 06:54 AM
Queenie
United States
12
Feb 25th, 2008 02:41 PM
Liza
United States
8
May 21st, 2002 08:00 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO