Restaurants in Bridgeview IL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Our much-loved school athletic trainer is leaving us to work for the MLS Chicago Fire. We'll miss him but are very happy for him and would like to get him a gift certificate at a restaurant. I can always buy one for Outback but thought it would be nice to be able to get find a local restaurant that he might enjoy. He is a young single guy so someplace fun would be good. Thanks.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the Old Barn - chicago institution, good food. Or, just do a lettuce entertain you certificate so he can choose from many places all over the country?
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM

One of my very favorite restaurants is The Patio in Bridgeview. Everything there is great!

http://www.patioribs.com/restaurants.htm
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you both for two great suggestions. The rib place looks fun and casual. It would be nice if I could give him a nice steak dinner. Any other suggestions out there?
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 06:42 PM

For steaks, see if Morton's, Houstons or Gibson's has gift cards.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Try Leona's.

www.leonas.com

The Oak Lawn location is next to Bridgeview.
American/Italian, huge menu, huge portions, festive atmosphere. The Patio is ok, but overrated. It's a bit pricey and while the food is good, it's nothing too special. It's basically a glorified burger place.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM

My boyfriend also wants me to recommend Krapil's in Worth on 111th Street, which is not too far from Bridgeview. It's a steakhouse that's been around forever.

(708)448-2012
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Also, I must respectfully disagree with flamingo. The Patio is consisting named as having some of the best ribs in the Chicago area. They've been in business more than 25 years, so must be doing something right!

Old Dec 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Birdie
"Grotto on State" on Chicago's near North side might work for both the steak and "young guy fun" factors. It would be about a 20-30 minute drive for him, but well worth it. As a young single guy living near Chicago he's going to want to get to know the Near North/Rush St. area. Its popular with the under 35 single crowd. Its a good place to get to know his adopted town.
Best wighes to him. Tracee
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM

He does NOT want to drive to the near north side. Traffic and parking is impossible, parking is expensive and having to hop in a car right away when the evening is done will cut way down on his drinking. Head over to Midway, and the CTA Orange Line (EL) at 59th and Cicero. $2 to park and $2 to ride the train each way (begining in Jan.) Transfer to a Red Line train towards Howard for free at Roosevelt, this one is in the Subway. The red line will take him to all the trendy neighborhoods on the north side, from River North to Rogers Park. If he's out after the Orange Line shuts down (about 1 am or so) the Archer Ave. bus runs all night to the Midway Station from State and Washington. He can also take a southbound Red Line train (towards 95th) to go see the Sox. As a future southsider, hopefully he knows which team to support.

www.transitchicago.com

for details and maps