Chicago Restaurants

Old Jun 24th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Restaurants

We will be staying at the Amalfi Hotel on West Kinzie, and would appreciate recommendations for great restaurants of all kinds (except pizza) nearby. Thank you, Chicagoans!
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Right in your hotel is Keefer's (Amer. contemporary, steak, seafood), I'll have to admit that my one meal there wasn't very good (almost 2 years ago now) but the reviews on Metromix are overwhelmingly positive so maybe I hit it on a bad night.

If you go to Metromix and type in Amalfi and then do a search for restaurants with .5 miles, oodles of options pop up since you are in the prime area for dining in the city.

A few of my favorites around there are Joe's Stone Crab, Osteria Via Stato (price fixed Italian), Heaven on Seven on Rush for casual Cajun, Wildfire for moderate priced steaks, Big Bowl for Thai, Grand Lux for American contemporary (affiliated with Cheesecake Factory but a bit more upscale). Also close by is Frontera/Topolabampo, celebrity chef Rick Bayless' two Mexican restaurants. I've had a very nice meal at Naha but we went for lunch, the dinner menu was a little pricey for me.

If you want to make reservations online, try www.opentable.com, it's free and you can see which places have availability.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 12:24 AM

Loved Tru,It was amazing in every way,although expensive it was well worth it
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 06:05 AM

There are dozens of restaurants in the River North area or nearby on Michigan Avenue. You'll only be a couple blocks from Harry Caray's which has has a broad selection. If you want something off the beaten path, Reza's, a Middle Eastern restaurant is on Ontario just west of Orleans. It's pretty reasonable for the size of the portions and the place is huge so you can always get a table.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 08:47 AM

Osteria Via Stato was my favorite restaurant experience last time I was in Chicago!
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 09:24 PM

Joe's Stone Crab is one of my favorites, and it's close by. Also try Brasserie Jo - wonderful French-style restaurant. Mambo Grill and Frontera Grill are close by if you want Latino food. Kevin is contemporary cuisine, one of the newer and hotter spots in the area. For something a little more casual, with a huge menu and good for larger groups, hit Grand Lux Cafe at Ontario and Michigan.

You're in a great area for food...