Restaurant suggestions on Amelia Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Amelia Island in a few weeks for our 20th anniversary and would appreciate some restaurant suggestions. We are staying at the Ritz Carlton and I understand from earlier posts, that the restaurant there is very good. I am wondering if that is still the case and also what other restaurants would people recommend. (We will probably go to Salt (if it's still good) for our official anniversary dinner and then will have another two evenings to try some other restaurants in the area. (We will have a car so would be willing to drive 10 or 15 miles).

Thank you!
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Most of the better restaurants on Amelia are in Old town. The Beech St. Grill (http://www.beechstreetgrill.com/) is routinely recognized by the Wine Spectator, & I would choose it over any other restaurant on the island. I really like Brett's (www.brettswaterwaycafe.com) for lunch, as it is right on the water & they tend to have excellent soups. For fine dining also Le Clos (www.leclos.com)& Joes 2nd St. Bistro ( http://www.joesbistro.com/) are good. There is also a great semi-organic/interesting place called Cafe Karibo (http://www.cafekaribo.com/). All of these places are in Old Town.
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 01:06 PM

I second Le Clos and Joe's 2nd St Bistro (both also have outdoor dining option); we also reserved a horse/buggy tour (a couple of companies do this; our B & B arranged it for us) to pick us up after dinner & take a tour of historic Fernandina Beach. We also took as segway tour with Ecomotion Tours that was fabulous & rode bikes through Fort Clinch State Park.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Oh, thank you so much for the tips! I'm really looking forward to our trip and you both gave me some great suggestions.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM

topping for Buckeyeknitter