Reload this Page >

St. Barth's Best Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2007, 04:53 AM
jrpinto

I just noticed the article on St. Barth's restaurants in the Travel News section. I've been to La Plage and Maya's and (I don't mean to anger anyone) I wasn't too crazy about the food at either place (of course it was good, but in St. Barth's, your standards go up). I am surprised about the inclusion of the restaurants at Sereno and Eden Rock - especially because they are not listed in Fodor's Caribbean (has anyone noticed Fodor's has a habit of mentioning a restaurant in the hotel section but not in the restaurant section?).

Has anyone been to the restaurants at the Eden Rock or Sereno? Are they really that good, or are they just good for hotel restaurants?

(Also, the description of Andy's Hideway in the St. Barth's restaurant guide on the island is hysterical.)

Old Dec 11th, 2007, 06:09 AM
iw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We ate at Eden Rock this past summer and I thought it was good. We also ate at Zanzibarth(sp) and Andy's Hideaway. All of them were excellent!
We went in Maya's take out by the airport, but only bought munchies, so I can't speak to that.
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM

The Eden rock and the Sereno are both good, however a special mention to the Gaiac at the Toiny for brunch, also the Francois Plantation and the menu dégustation at the Carl Gustav.
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Ti St Barth in Pointe Milou is a lot of fun .. something different just about every night ... and Eden Rock is excellent of course ...

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:33 AM
jrpinto

Thanks. Le Ti is one of my favorite places on the island, especially during the full moon. Just be aware if you go there on couscous night, that's ALL they have.

I'm surprised Fodor's doesn't single out Francois Plantation more. It might be both the best and most expensive restaurant on the island. I can only fault it for being rather hot inside.

Carl Gustaf has a great view, of course, but I found the clientele a little stuffy. My meal was good, but not exceptional. Perhaps I just caught it on an off night.

The brunch at Toiny was good, but I preferred the sweets to the actual food.

Au Port claims to be the oldest restaurant on the island (although ownership has changed). It's in a great location and I thought the food was pretty good.

Do Brazil is another one of the best places on the island. Come for lunch and spend the day at Shell Beach. The pomme frites may be the best on the island.

KEEP RESTAURANT OPINIONS COMING!

Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:52 AM

I liked Pacri. I know its Italian on a French Island but damn was it good! You need to hire a car to take you there though.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:13 AM

We just returned from St.B last week and two of our highlights for dinners were without a doubt The Strand (romantic rooftop dining in Gustavia) and Le Tamarin (chef from Le Toiny's new restaurant- near Saline beach).

For lunch one day we had some killer sushi at Nikki Beach...steps from the sand.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM

Here's another vote for Francois Plantation and for Eden Rock. We've also had excellent meals at Isle de France.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM

"Also, the description of Andy's Hideway in the St. Barth's restaurant guide on the island is hysterical"

Andy is hysterical....Crispy battered cod balls is on the menu.

I never knew cod fish had balls.

My favourite restaurant, the key being it is clear that the staff love working there.

Can't go wrong.
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 03:33 AM
iw

Right...the description of Andy's is funny and accurate...."A view of the parking lot." Not only was the food great, the waiter was cute and they let you sit and enjoy as much after dinner rum as you want!