Restaurant recommendations for Marco Island, Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be there for four nights later this month and staying at the Marco Island Marriott partly on our Marriott points. We've never been to Marco Island before and are really excited about going.

Looking for one really nice restaurant for one of the nights - although nothing super fancy and not suit and tie attire - and then three other recommendations for restaurants that have really good food but at a fairly reasonable price that won't totally break the piggy bank. Appetizers, salads, dinner, drinks, and tip for two people for under $100 would be the goal.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM

If you are an AAA member you should pick up their tourbook. It will give a price range and the meal type and this may help too.

http://www.helium.com/items/896753-b...island-florida
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
nlg

Our favorites in Marco are DaVinci's, Snook Inn, Isle of Capri, and Cathy O Clarke's. They are all great and will not break the bank.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Marco is not known for "fine dining". It's mainly very casual places that are moderate to inexpensive, or else a few of the "resort" restaurants which are expensive, but frankly I've never known any of them to be good. In my book, Snook Inn, casual and inexpensive waterfront dining is about as good as it gets in Marco. If you want a more "trendy" upscale dining experience, you really need to head into Naples. And for real fun, head just to the south to Goodland and eat at Stan's or the Little Bar. These are kind of "hole in the wall" places that are good AND fun.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 04:11 AM

I'll second some of these recommendations; we've been to the Marriott there several times & almost always end up at Snook Inn for a casual meal. DaVinci's was highly recommended by friends of ours but we never went ourselves. Going to Goodland is something we do every visit. Last time we were there, we dined at the fancier restaurant at the hotel (can't remember the name) but it was actually very good & the decor was unique, of course pricey.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM

rattravelers, I'm curious what hotel you mean in Goodland? Or do you possibly mean the Rod and Gun Club in Everglades City?