Reload this Page >

Restaurant menus in NYC

Search

Restaurant menus in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:49 PM
jill

Restaurant menus in NYC

Anyone know of a site for getting menus?

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Cindy

I use zagat.com a lot for restaurant advice and then go to the restaurant's web site (lots of them have one) and they frequently show menus.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:11 PM
NoMoreZagat

Zagat.com now charges an annual subscription fee. Check out citysearch.com, lots of restaurant info and some menus.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:19 PM
SEH

opentable.com has descriptions of many restaurants, along with menus and on-line reservations.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Cindy

Interesting...I see what you mean. Well, I guess if you're going to be in a city for awhile it's probably worth buying the book then! Thanks.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Duane

Awhile back, Amazon.com had this service where they posted copies of restaurant menus. They had it for major cities, New York included. I'm not sure if they still do it (or why they started in the first place), but it's worth checking out.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:47 PM
parrot mom

try searching through "google"...but I've noticed many do not have prices on their menus...I would like to have an idea before going there

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:53 PM
madge

Duane is correct. Amazon does have some menus online, but you have to hunt for them. You need to click on the top tab that says "see more stores" and then scroll down to under the heading of "services" till you see "restaurants." Not sure why they don't make it more visible.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:24 PM
suzanne

Check out newyork.citysearch.com. It lists restaurants by cuisine, neighborhood, best-rated, etc., and also has links to restaurants' websites...which have menus!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Donna

More and more restaurants have websites which include their menus, so just do a search for the restaurant. Be advised, though, that not all keep their websites up to date, especially their menus. So, if you select a restaurant based upon particular items on the menu you find on the web, be sure to check when phoning to reserve that it's still on the menu. I've been to places after printing out their menu where nearly the entire menu was completely different. I've also found that "specialty" dishes mentioned in reviews more than a few months old are also often no longer on the menu.

Those without prices are most usually the "haute cuisine" places. If you're interested, just phone and ask what a two, or whatever, course dinner for two generally runs. They'll tell you, and I've found them to be honest about it.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:45 PM
madge

Just had another thought. Once you're finally able to narrow down your choice to 2 or 3 places, try calling and asking the restaurants to fax you their menu.

Most are very accommodating, and this way you're assured of getting up-to-date listings as well as prices.