Restaurant btwn SJC and Paso Robles, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying into San Jose Airport and then driving to Paso Robles in about 10 days. We have 2 areas we would love help in..............
#1 Where should we eat when we land? San Jose, or somewhere down the coastline. We'll be landing about 1:00pm, but will love a yummy late lunch.
#2 Please suggest wonderful restaurants in or near Paso Robles. We have had a nice response for wineries!! But still need some places to eat that will be memorable.
Oops..............#3- Would you play golf one day at PR Golf Club, Hunter Ranch Golf Course or Links Course @ PR.
Thank you everyone!!!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 01:03 PM

Landing at 1pm, by the time you get on the road, it will probably be around 2. And you'll be driving to Paso Robles that day, right? The route from SJC to Paso doesn't go along the coast, and you won't really have time to make a detour. Straight down Hwy 101 - it's about a 2.5 hour drive without stops.

San Jose has a lot of restaurant choices - just depends on what type of food you are interested in. If you want to get on the road and drive a bit, Morgan Hill has a nice, compact downtown with some good lunch choices. If you want a little sightseeing to go with lunch, then San Juan Bautista is a good choice - the mission and old town square is nice to see. That's probably as far as I would go before stopping for lunch.
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 05:03 PM

Morgan Hill is a great place to stop for lunch. Another good place is the Cork & Plough in King City.

Paso has a ton of good restaurants, but first let's address the golfing. Hunter Ranch would be my recommendation, although I don't golf! I have friends who do so that's why I suggest it. There's a great little golf course in Morro Bay too, so keep that in mind. They call it the poor man's Pebble Beach.

My favorite Paso restaurants: Il Cortile, Paso Terra, Fish Gaucho, Mistura, Goshi, and Buona Tavola. There are many others so if you have a specific type of food or atmosphere, let me know.

There are a ton of options near Paso too, like in Cambria and Morro Bay.
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 08:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
San Juan Bautista would be my choice IF you land on time and get your car and on the road quickly. Fascinating little town, State historic park, good Basque and Mexican restaurants, right on the San Andreas Fault, the mission etc..

State historic park. https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=563
Mission Home

Otherwise Probably Morgan Hill.

I definitely second the Morro Bay golf course. Morro Bay Golf Course - SLO County Golf Courses