Reload this Page >

renaissance vs hilton times square?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Angie

I am booked at the Hilton Times Square but have not read any favorable reviews. I have read some good things about the Renaissance (location seems better), though. Can you recommend which one is best? I will be travelling on business on my own, and would like a hotel where I can see Times Square, but not be afraid to step out onto the street. Thanks!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Patrick

I have never been in rooms at either place but have been in their public spaces. I'd take Renaissance hands down over the Hilton at Times Square (actually on 42nd Street, not on Times Square).

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Dan

I just stayed at the Hilton 5 days recently and loved it. Clean, new, large rooms. The area is very safe and right next door to some affordable food choices. It was also very easy to get a cab there.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Nancy

Both hotels got rated a 4.3 by fodorites on the Fodors hotel page; however the Renaissance sounds much more plush, especially the bathrooms. The Hilton got some great reviews as well. Read the reviews and this may help.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Postal

The Renaissance New York is at the northern end of Times Square with an entrance on Seventh Avenue. You can see only the edge of Times Square from their rooms. I've stayed there many times and enjoy the small hotel bennies such as friendliness and great service.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Angie

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to stick to the Hilton. I'll let you know how it goes!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM
maria

The Renaissance has a great seafood restaurant called Foley's Fish House. While you dine, you have a great view of Time Square.