Renaissance closing doors, so how about the Outrigger marriott

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A question for everyone. I originally wanted to book a few nights at the renaissance for our honeymoon for next may. However the renaissance told me that they are only booking through march 2005 because starwood bought them. They might be closing their doors thereafter. So I booked a few nights at the outrigger marriott (oceanfront room)and was wondering if anyone thinks I made a mistake? The only other place I thought about that was comparable in price in that area was the maui prince. However, the marriott seemed like a more popular choice. Should I cancel my reservations? Some reassurance needed. Thanks.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 01:49 AM

I think you made a great choice with the ocean front rooms. I haven't stayed at the outrigger but stayed at the renaissance next door and they are both in a nice area. The marriot is not directly on a beach but within easy walking distance to several. The OF rooms are quite close to the water. If you want a fancier alternative, you could try the 4 Seasons Mountain view rooms which are in the 275-325 range (may include a package, check their website) and then you will have all the special amenities that come with that hotel (awesome rooms and service, great beach, heated pool...)
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 03:41 AM

Did you call Starwood to ask if they are accepting reservations for after the purchase? It is generally pretty seamless, and as the purchase date is fixed, Starwood should be able to take reservations. If they are closing for a redo after the purchase, then that of course is another issue.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 07:14 AM

I like the Marriott in Wailea better than the Prince. Its a good location, low key, sprawling grounds, located on the Wailea beach walking path, lots of restaurants nearby. The Prince is fairly isolated, tho thats the exact reason some people do like the Prince, LOL.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 08:27 AM

The Four Seasons Wailea has a Mountainside package that includes a car and breakfast for $425.00 a night.
-Bill
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

I want to thank those who responded to my post. I am looking at staying at the four seasons after the marriott. I just wanted to be sure i made a decent decision since I did it so fast. Any more imput would be appreciated.