Search

Renaassance Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 1999, 02:23 PM
rbo

Renaassance Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in New York City? Any great restaurants around?

Old Nov 27th, 1999, 07:14 PM
Anthony

The Renaissance NY is located in the middle of Times Square on the north end, right near where the discount TKTS booth is. There are plenty of top restaurants in the area;Le Bernardin;China Grill, JUdson Grill;Palio, Redeye Grill,Trattoria Del'Arte, The recently reopened Russian Tea Room just to mention a few. And as you may have haerd or read, The Times Square Area, especially where the renaissance is, is a perfectly safe area, very central to all the sites.

Old Nov 28th, 1999, 03:53 AM
rbo

Thank you Anthony for your suggestions. Which restaurant should choose to celebrate my husband's b'day? It is a very special day for both of us.

Old Nov 28th, 1999, 06:21 AM
Diane

I can only comment on the Redeye Grill from among that list - and I recently had a marvelous meal there. It is busy and kind of open-noisy, with artsy mural in the big main room. But then I was dining with my boss! You may want something more intimate for a special dinner.

Old Nov 28th, 1999, 07:40 AM
Anthony

rbo:
Le Bernardin is consistently rated one of the top 5 restaurants in NYC. Having eaten there, I can agree with the the ranking. It is an elegant French restaurant that specializes in Seafood. It is located at 51st St between 6 & 7 Ave. You may have difficulty obtaining a reservation;if so, you should try their Prix fixe Lunch. Might be eaiser to get lunch reservations.

Old Dec 3rd, 1999, 10:34 PM
Jeffrey

Great hotel! Stayed there later time we were in NY. I really like the layout of the lobby for security. Rooms are large for NY. Have fun. YOu will be very happy here.

Old Dec 4th, 1999, 07:39 AM
lola

Another wonderful restaurant in the area is The Halcyon at the Righa Royal hotel. Elegant, understated, great food. And the penthouse there has a wonderful Sunday brunch--with view.

Old Dec 4th, 1999, 07:44 AM
Swinger

Hello Anthony.
The Renaassance Hotel has a nice restaurant called "Foley's Fish House." It is a sea food restaurant, and you can have the best view of Times Square.

Old Dec 4th, 1999, 07:50 AM
Swinger

About message I wrote above.
I wrote "Hello Anthony," but I meant "Hello rbo." Sorry!!!

Old Dec 6th, 1999, 07:52 AM
rbo

Thank you all for your suggestions. We will be in NYC December 22-24. I will let you know about our dinning experiences. Thanks again
rbo

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 11:57 AM
rbo

Thank you Anthony, Diane, Jeffry, Lola, and Swinger for all your help. The Renaissance Hotel was great I would recommend it to everyone. My husband's birthday dinner at Le Bernardin - heavenly food and fantastic srvice. Very expensive but it was worthy. The Foley's Fish House at the Renaissance was better (much, much better, actually we had a great dinner there) than we expected. Remi- dinner nothing special but great service. Thanks again