Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Relaxing Beach Weekend Getaway Suggestions in Panhandle....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a very relaxing, safe place to stay on the beach, most likely in the Florida Panhandle in late April, I know this topic has been answered many times, but any new thoughts?? My requirements are:
Beachfront
Safe and Clean
Nice, moderately priced resort/hotel
Nice pool
Price range $100-150.00 if possible for three nights.
I am going to be traveling solo and just wanted some rest and relaxation time on the beach. Thanks a ton!!
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:42 AM

Do you want to spend $100-150 for three nights or per night?
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, yes, $100-150 per night. I normally always use Priceline for hotels but I really want to be ON the beach so I am kind of hesitant to use P/L for this one.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:20 AM

There isn't much in that price range but you might check out Mexico Beach. It's just east of Panama City. They have several beachfront motels and some B&B's. It's very laid back there but you'll most likely be able to get Gulf front in that price range. Sorry I can't help you with any specific accomodations.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

I have found some things in Seaside for that price, Is Seaside nice?? nice beach?? Also, I may still do Priceline as I know I can get A 4** property near Destin for 100-150.00 range, thanks alot.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:21 AM

Seaside is very nice. I was just there and the beaches are fine. However, there are very few gulf front units, if that is what you are looking for. You might also check out Watercolor and the other beach communities along 30A.

http://beachesofsouthwalton.com/

http://www.seasidefl.com/

http://www.joe.com/web/TownsAndHomes..._watercolor_fl
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sunshinesue and others, I will check out these sites. I am hoping since it will be late April the weather will be warm and the prices will be somewhat reasonable. Thanks again....How is Rosemary Beach?? Any Gulffront units there?? And is the Destin area nice?? I am looking into the Sandestin Beach Resort and the Hilton- Destin there is coming up on the P/L hotels. Thanks alot. I like to use P/L to get nicer hotels for less. Thanks alot all.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:40 AM

Sandestin is great but the Hilton has gotten some questionable reviews over the past couple of years. You might want to check Trip Advisor. There are other gulf front accomodations in Sandestin if you are interested. Also the beach restoration (pumping sand onto the beach to widen it) has begun in Sandestin and is making its way to Henderson State Park. The beach should be plenty wide and gorgeous when you get there. End of April weather should be perfect.

http://sandestin.com/

If you stay in Destin you might want to consider a condo since there are actually very few hotels and condos are frequently no more expensive-even less expensive than the hotels. My only concern would be your three-night stay. Often condos are only available by the week. But since the busy season does not start till Memorial Day you might find something for three nights.

Oh, for what it is worth, you might want to look at Maravilla in Destin. My teenage daughter and friends found it while looking for a nice but reasonably priced condo for spring break last year. We stayed there and were very happy with it. We have reservations for March for a three bedroom for just over $1100 for the week.

Rosemary is lovely but just like Seaside and Watercolor the vast majority of the accomodations are not gulf front.