Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Recommended areas around Renton/Kent, WA for young family??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a job in Renton, WA, and we are moving from CA with little time given for house hunting. Can anyone reccomend some nice areas around that vicinity? We are in our 30's with a toddler and new baby and are looking for a house to rent. What are the pluses and minuses of living in these areas that I should keep in mind? Thanks in advance
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:05 AM

In your situation, I would call John C. Scott. This is their business and nobody knows the neighborhoods better than they do: http://propertymgmtnw.net/?page=rplistings

HTTY
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM

I live in Renton, and there are any number of neighborhoods that would meet your needs. HTTY's advice is right on. The expansion of the city seems to be to the east, up on what we call Renton East Hill...that is new construction for the most part. Down closer to lake level, the housing is older but might be more affordable. Renton has many nice parks, and the Gene Coulon Park and beach at the south end of Lake Washington is a magnet for moms and dads pushing strollers.

Renton is far from being a crime-ridden city, but I would include a call to the police department's non-emergency number (425-430-7500) to inquire about dodgy neighborhoods.

We really like it here...hope you do, too.
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Add on...just saw a "Please re-elect..." sign reminding me that Renton Realtor Marcie Maxwell specializes in this area (she sits on the city council). www.marciemaxwell.com
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM

My gdaughter lives in Renton, an old neighborhood, lots of full grown and native trees, safe parks and good friends. She loves it.