Search

Recommendations for baby sitting services on Maui, Ritz Carlton Area

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for baby sitting services on Maui, Ritz Carlton Area

Hello

I'm looking for recommendation for baby sitting services on Maui. We have to travel to Maui for work and we will be traveling with our infant. We are being put up at the Ritz Carlton in Maui. I know they offer services however I would like actual recommendations outside of the hotels. Does anyone have any experience with any of the baby sitting services that they would recommend for that area?

Thank you
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I would definitely trust the services offered by the Ritz Carlton or the sitters they recommend.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:12 AM

Contact the Hotel Concierge directly by phone in advance of your trip... they will assist you beyond services available at the Hotel... Ritz Carlton takes great pride in their Concierge services... (don't forget a stipend for their efforts if you are happy with the result...)
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM

I'm the kind of paranoid person who would bring a trusted caretaker, like grandmother, with me.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your replies. I should probably have been a little more detailed was early in the morning , I have reached out via email to the Ritz, I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm sure they will responde however I was hoping to get some actuall concrete recommendations from folks who have used the Ritz baby sitting services. I wasn't looking outside of the Ritz more of trying to get some feedback on people who have used their actually baby sitters. Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid myself but I'm really concerned about using a service where I have never met the person and then leaving my baby with them to go offsite. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 07:57 AM

I have used the hotel's recommended services on numerous occassions starting when our kids were both infants at multiple hotels around the world including several that are in the high end category.

You might consider that a hotel, especially a chain that prides itself on providing a high level of service, has a vested interest in making sure the babysitting service they recommend is first rate.

Considering the risk to reputation and the financial risk if God forbid a problem should occur, I would think a hotel like the Ritz has insured they only recommend trustworthy firms.

I would suggest you ask if the hotel requires background checks on sitters that are recommended and preferred by them. My kids are now 8 and 9, so they are able to go to kids clubs. But, before then I'd always ask about the qualifications and checks of hotel provided sitters.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Ryan, that's great advice. I appreciate.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Though I haven't used the services of this specific hotel, I have used the services of other Ritz Carltons/4 Seasons etc. Typically, the babysitters/services that use are required to have CPR training as well as being bonded. They can usually send you information about that specific service so you can do some research before you arrive.