Notices

Recommendations for an Absecon, NJ hotel?

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for an Absecon, NJ hotel?

Will be heading to Absecon area in August with my daughter and two granddaughters (ages 11 & 16). I've spent hours poring over info. and reviews of Absecon area hotels. It appears that, for our needs, Country Inn and Suites best fits the bill. We want an indoor pool and hot tub, as well as either 3 queen beds or 2 beds and a sofabed. I also looked at the Clarion, but several reviewers said the walls were very thin. Holiday Inn Express has also been recommended. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels? Also, is it easy to get to Wildwood and other towns from there?

Thanks.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 01:59 AM

I can't give you a motel recommendation, but are you aware that Absecon is right outside of Atlantic City and is over 40 miles from Wildwood? Travel by car is easy since the Garden State Parkway is very near Absecon.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

SusieQQ, yes, we know it's right outside Atlantic City and that it'll take us a while to drive to Wildwood. We don't mind, but thanks for asking. Have a great day.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM

Any of the places you mentioned should be fine.

You will actually be in a good central location at a reasonable price. The beach (Atlantic City or Brigantine) is within 15 minutes, Ocean City is about 25 minutes away and Wildwood is about 45 minutes away.

Check http://www.MyJerseyShore.com for motels and other Jersey Shore travel information.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Rich2000ac; that's our goal. Haven't been to Ocean City, NJ yet (we used to go to OC, Md). Will try to check it out this time. Also thanks for the link.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 04:41 AM

If you are considering the outer Atlantic City area, then also look at the motels along the Black Horse Pike in Pleasantville. There are also major chains offering good prices.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

SusieQQ, thank you for mentioning Pleasantville. We have stayed at the Best Western Inn and Suites on Black Horse Pike and liked the hotel itself but want to try another area. There are some pretty good prices in Absecon and Pleasantville, though.