Search

Recommendation for Seafood restaurant in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation for Seafood restaurant in Boston

Hi,

I will be in Boston in two weeks and we were going to have dinner at Legal Seafood. I was checking reviews for this restaurant on trip advisor and the majority of the reviews were negative. I know Boston is the capital of good seafood restaurants, but I will only be there for a short time so I don't want to waste time or money on a restaurant that isn't good. Could anyone recommend a good seafood restaurant in Boston that is convenient to get to.

Thank you
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM

I actually like Legal. Always fresh but pricey. Legal is at the Aquarium area and Prudential. The daily Catch in the North End has great fish as well as the No Name restaurant on the fish pier..frequented by all the fishermen. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 10:15 PM

I have had bad luck the last two times at legal Seafood.

Had some great seafood at Abe & Louies. My husband and daughter loved Llimoncello, in the North End. It is an Italian restaurant, but they had some fabulous seafood. I didn't go as I was at the October Boston GTG that night!
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:54 AM

Skipjack's in the Back Bay on St. James Avenue is good. So is the Daily Catch in the North End - a Sicilian style restaurant specializing in seafood & pasta dishes. No Name was very mediocre the last time I ate there and there are much better places to go to. Personally, I've always had good meals at Legal's and you will find strong opinions on both sides here for Legal's. The Prudential location is one of the more consistent locations if you want to go to Legal's. B&G Oysters in the South End (a trendy neighborhood near the Back Bay) is excellent. However, it's a rather small restaurant with most of the seating in a long counter that wraps around the kitchen area. If that doesn't bother you, I'd add it to my list of places to consider.
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM

I actually don't think Boston is the capital of good seafood restaurants. But, anyway, I like Atlantic Fish on Boylston St in the Back Bay the best.

If you decide to venture into the North End, check out Giacomo's or Neptune Oyster.
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Any chance you could escape Boston to eat? When I want seafood, I head to either Essex or Gloucester, about 40 min north of Boston right off 128. There are tons of local non-chain places with a lot of specialities you just can't get anywhere else.

If I *have* to have seafood in the city itself, I go to Skipjacks. Legal is just too chainy for me.
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM

We are Legal aficionados, having gone regularly for >35 years. A few weeks ago, we were having dinner with someone from out of town and we ate at the Aquarium location. I was a little nervous b/c I had heard that service/food could be iffy in the tourist areas where there is little concern for repeat business. Well, we had both excellent food and service!

To the "chainy" comment, I can only say that it is, understandably, different to those who have only known it since it was a chain than it is to those of us who remember the old days of leaning against the raw fish case in line waiting for a table in Inman Square.