Recent reviews for Hanalei Bay Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Kauai this summer and have heard alot of different reviews on the Hanalei Bay Resort. Has anyone stayed there recently and what did you think of the service and facilities?
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 07:08 PM

There are reviews posted under 'Hotels' here on Fodors (rants & raves), there are some fairly recent ones, mixed as usual ! IMHO, its main drawing point is its setting and grounds although I'm willing to concede that the accommodations probably aren't all as disappointing as ours in '01.

Old May 20th, 2003, 11:05 AM

I have no choice but to stay at the HBR in September for a friends wedding. I would like to stay at the Princeville, but all my friends are sharing condos at HBR. My question is, are there independent agencies that rent some of the larger, more upscale units at the timeshare, and if so, what are their e-mail address and numbers...
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:45 AM

On our second visit (Feb 2002) we stayed at the Hanalei Bay Resort which is next to the Princeville Resort. We started with a hotel room with an awesome view of the Bali Hai Mountain Range and Hanalei bay. The room was small and had A/C but we had asked for a room with a kitchen, so we switched to a one bedroom mountain view suite without A/C, but with Ceiling and later floor fans. We really liked the one bedroom suite with full kitchen, double lanai, and washer dryer. The resort will give you a golf cart ride to and from the Beach in front of the Princeville Resort and room/suite rates can be found on the internet in the $150-$200 range. Since we spent our time in a condo we did not use the services there other than to dine at Bali Hai Restaurant which we got 50% discount for by attending a painless timeshare presentation. The concierge was available and helpfull in coordinating our activities, though I recommend reading the "Ultimate Guide to Kauai" to decide on activities. The jacuzzi was always occupied unlike the pool. In 2003 we stayed at a privately owned ocean front condo in the Princeville resort area that we liked better than HBR mainly because it was on the water. I think the condo's at HBR are a good value but not the best that Kauai has to offer.
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:22 PM
iceeu2

Try both of these websites for HBR condo rentals

summitpacific.com

erahawaii.com

:-}