RE: Yosemite lodging

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Don

RE: Yosemite lodging

Will be in Yosemite for 2 nights in 3rd week of September. Am traveling with just my wife. Where should we stay? The Ahwanee is VERY expensive, but we don't want to stay in a tent/cabin. What is in between? Any personal recommendations for places?

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Howard

Yosemite Lodge. Call immediately for reservations. You may already be too late.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Paul Rabe

For online reservatons at lodging within the Park, go to

www.yosemitepark.com/html/accommodation.html

For info on lodging outside the Park, go to

www.yosemite.com/http/lodging.htm

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:48 AM
John R.

Keep checking the park's lodging website because cancellations will free up rooms in the Lodge. You just need to be ready to snatch them up when they occur.

I was able to upgrade from a Currey Village tent to a Cabin w/bath to a Lodge 'standard' room to a Lodge 'lodge' room in the space of about 36 hours just before my visit earlier this month.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:05 AM
kam

If you're willing to go midweek there are still rooms at the Lodge in September. September in a tent could be pretty chilly. Go to www.yosemitepark.com for real time reservations--the phones are too difficult to get through. Do this immediately. If unsucessful, keep looking but book meanwhile at the Cedar Lodge or Yosemite View Lodge at El Portal, the closest "gate" into the park. Good luck.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Lenore

If you like B&B's try Yosemite Falls Bed & Breakfast. Beautiful B&B located in the park but about a half hour dive from the Valley. I think their rates are about $150 per night. Scrumptious hot breakfast and late afternoon happy hour daily are included. The owners Gary & Mary are the friendliest people we've ever met. We highly recommend it. Visit their website at www.yosemitefalls.com. Enjoy!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:36 AM
rob

we were disgusted w/ our accomedations (yosemite west condo's)and went to yosemite lodge with no advance reservations.......of course this was in mid-november.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:43 AM
bear

I am planning a trip to Yosemite around the third week in May. How far ahead do I need to make reservations for the Yosemite Lodge? It sounds like the perfect fit. My wife will NOT stay in a tent and I can't afford the Ahwanee either.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:51 AM
kam

Bear, Right now would not be too late! Most weekend rooms are already booked. Try for weekday when crowds will be less. We already have our May 2003 res. for the Ahwanhee (Ahwanhee because we're taking out of town guests who wanted the whole experience. www.yosemitepark.com BTW, cancellation policies are very lenient--up to 3 days prior will get you a full refund.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:43 PM
bear

Already?? Wow. I hate to make hotel reservations without getting plane tix first. I don't even know exactly what days I'm going to have off yet. They don't give out the schedule until January. I know I can work it so it's a weekday though. I'll just fly into vegas over and stay a few days if I have to. I was hoping May wouldn't be so crowded.