Reload this Page >

Quiet honeymoon stay on the beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 04:58 PM
Justin Hurley

Hi. I am trying to plan a honeymoon to Florida. I want to stay someplace on or near the beach, quiet enough to take walks and be alone, but still be near restaraunts and such. Also, must be within driving distance of Orlando. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 07:39 AM
Melinda

Sanibel Island???

St. Petersburg Beach is nice as well and a 2.5 hour drive to Disney.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 10:59 AM
John

How abou Ponce Inlet south of Daytona Beach, which is not only pretty, but also quiet?

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 07:50 AM
Larry

Try this site for a great honeymoon location on Captiva Island, about a 3 hour drive to Orlando.
www.vacationspot.com/2112southseasplantation.htm

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 04:20 PM
Meg

Try Vero Beach - the beaches are great, not a lot of people - it's aboout 1 1/2 hrs to Orlando. Good Restaurants.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:17 AM
Harriett

Check out Amelia Island -- the Ritz-Carlton there is beautiful and there's a larger (much larger!) resort called Amelia Island Plantation. Both are on the beach and a short drive from the excellent restaurants at Fernandina Beach. Amelia is a barrier island about a 40-minute drive from the Jacksonville airport, and about a 2-hour drive from Orlando. You might also check out the Cloister, a renowned honeymoon choice at Sea Island, Georgia, which is about 31/2 hours from Orlando. Nearest air service is Jacksonville or Savannah, both about an hour away.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 04:52 PM
David

Vero? to far from Orlando. Amelia Island? to damn expensive. Daytona is trashy (but trying to clean up), New Smyrna is nice(and too quite). St. Pete and Clearwater? Now we're talking! (did I mention I'm a native of Orlando? Been here 40 years)WOW was I impressed with the west coast. Nice beaches, Lots of a places to stay. The Dali museum. Pier 60. All nice places. In my opinion go to the Gulf coast. And congrats on the marriage.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 04:58 PM
Tom

Longboat key just south of Tampa is a great location. You will think you are in the Caribbean. It is also close to Orlando.

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Paula

I second Longboat Key. The Key has beautiful, quiet beaches. Plus you have Anna Maria at the North end and St. Armands with great restaurants and shopping at the South end. Try the Longboat Key Club--very luxurious (reasonable during off season), plus great golf and tennis. The Colony has great beach bungalows. There's also a Hilton but I don't know anything about it. Contact the LBK chamber for a complete listing.