Reload this Page >

Anyone eaten at Roy's New York?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Steve

I've enjoyed Roy's in Maui and the Big Island but wonder how the food and atmosphere is in its New York location (downtown in the Marriot Financial Center Hotel). Has anyone eaten there?

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 05:27 PM
edie

we ate at roys in maui on our honeymoon and loved it. a few glasses of champagne later, we promised each other we'd go to the NY one for our one year anniversary, which is still 4 months away, so we haven't been yet. but i'd love to hear about it.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 09:18 AM
lola

Ate there when it opened and it seemed a bit weird in the area it was in--bulls and bears and leis? Anyway, food was good but it seems out of place to me.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 09:48 AM
Steve

Lola: Is casual attire appropriate (as in Hawaii) or does its New York location make more formal attire apropriate (i.e. sport jacket, open collar)?

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 12:23 PM
alohajoe

Yum!

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 01:00 PM
t

Read an average review of it. Been to the one in Maui and it was great. Are you visiting NY? If you are and you have been to a couple of Roy's in Hawaii then I would go elsewhere. The neighborhood is no great shakes for a tourist and there are so many other restaurants in NY.

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 08:52 PM
kara

I have also eater at Roy's in Maui and just last week in Newport, Calf. All the food is great , but the atmosphere varies from place to place.

I agree try a different resturant in NY-so many to choose from.

Good Luck