Reload this Page >

Questions on MGM Grand

Search

Questions on MGM Grand

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Greg

Questions on MGM Grand

I've been hearing many negative feedbacks on MGM Grand's Emerald Tower rooms. Has anyone stayed there? Are those rooms really that bad? I hope to get reassururing comments.

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:26 AM
x

For those who don't know, the MGM Grand is in Vegas. The web site is amazing. The rooms on the web site look like your very average hotel room. bed, armoire, writing table with chairs. Maybe they spent all the money on the web site!

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:30 AM
:)

I stayed at the MGM and was very pleased with my room.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Jean Valjean

Probably the worst thing about the MGM grand is that you may end up walking for 15 minutes (maybe more if you get lost) to get from the lobby to your room.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:39 PM
JJ

I've stayed at the MGM and never saw the lobby. You can check-in at the airport (if flying) and go directly to your room. We booked a standard room in the Emerald Towers and were upgraded to a suite. The airport check-in is easy and took just minutes.

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Huggy

MGM is great in my opinion. The Emerald tower is another term for the no-frills section. If you walk all the way from the elevators to the very end of the hallway, it's something like 125 yards (yes yards).

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:49 PM
vegas

Huggy is right. But those no-frills rooms are very adequate (yet small)and quite clean (which amazes me, given the size of the hotel) and are just fine, especially if you don't spend a lot of time in your room.

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Alan

Hi, Greg!

We had a very positive experience with the MGM Grand. Our family (two kids) arrived a couple of days before New Year with a bargain-price ($65)booking for the Emerald Tower, but we never even saw that tower! On checking-in we were offered a free upgrade to the Grand Tower, in a suite with jacuzzi and a view up the strip. We rated it the best accommodation we had in a five-week tour of the USA, and it turned out to be cheaper than Philadelphia!

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Monique

I will not stay at this place till they give you people movers to get to your room.