Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Questions about Marriott's Beach Place Towers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking about staying at Marriottt's BeachPlace Towers in Ft. Lauderdale the beginning of Nov. 2003. Has anyone stayed here recently and is the construction next door still going on? We have two teen sons and hoping this location would be a good choice with the mall below. Is it noisy at night or like any other resort? I know this is a timeshare but we will be making our reservation though Marriott directly. Is the pool nice? The beach looks very nice. We have never been to this area of Florida. Thanks for any information that could help.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 05:06 PM

The beach is very nice but I've never stayed there - always stay at Marriott Harbor Beach about half a mile away.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 07:21 PM

Marriott Harbor Beach is really nice!
The beach by beach place Marriott is a pretty nice strip of Fort Lauderdale Beach---
But if you're going for the mall part of it the only thing your teen sons might enjoy is the hooters-----it isn't to spectacular of a mall---last time I was there (December ish) there was a bath and body works, an express, a black store, a white store, *where everything is only black or white in color* a gap, and a banana republic----and a hagen daz....There are a few other "random stores and resturaunts" but I think after a certain time you have to be 21 to enter the premisis above the first floor of the mall due the the clubs and bars (and security does actually check---or at least they did when we were in high school a few years back!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 03:55 AM
jd

The pros for the Marriott Beach Towers are :location-right in the middle of the "strip" with lots of shops and restaurants around.The beach across the street is public so there will be alot more people watching-the boys might like that.My teens love going to the mall attached to it. Usually there is some entertainment there in the early evening in the open courtyard. I have never stayed here but have thought about it-sounds like the units are a good size. I think the pool area must be small-I've walked around the place and never did see it. If you don't care about a resort atmosphere with private beach and tropical pools I would stay here. If you do, try Marriott Harbor Beach (more expensive for less space), or Lago Mar.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 04:41 AM

The units at Beach Place are pretty large. Most, if not all, are two bedroom units that sleep six (pullout in Living room). The smaller bedroom has a small refrigerator and coffee maker. Two baths with a jacuzzi tub in the larger. Complete kitchen and balcony that either faces the ocean or the intracoastal. (western orientation). The pool is nothing to shout about.

Not sure about construction at this point. I would think the heavy noisy part would be finished at this point. I'd call the resort and ask point blank about it.