Search

Question re: Staybridge Suites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question re: Staybridge Suites

Hello,
I love this forum and all the useful information people take the time to provide.

I'm hoping someone could help me.
I'm trying to find a place to stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area for a group of 5 (3 adults/2 children). One of the cheapest places I could find ($105/night) is the Staybridge Suites in Plantation, Florida.
Has anyone ever stayed there, or in any of their hotels?

I am also looking at vacation rentals but I can't find any for less than $700/week. Would prefer a place with a fully equipped kitchen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Maria

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:05 AM
GoTravel

Maria, are you going in season? Season is January through April.

Even in off season, $700 per night is bare bones cheap.

Plantation is about 40 minutes to the beach.

Have you checked Hollywood Flordia? They are a little cheaper than FLL.

Also look at VRBO.com.

Staybridge Suites are extended stay motels owned by Bass Hotels (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crown Plaza) that are in out of the way places.

You aren't going to find anything cheaper than what you have.

I would shorten my vacation by one or two nights and spend a little more on my room.

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:24 AM

Hi, I haven't stayed at that particular Staybridge, but I did stay in one in Allentown PA 2 weeks ago. This hotel was very new and it was extremely clean. We booked at King Suite for $62, it had a kitchen/living area with dishes, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, silverware, coffee & pop corn. There was a TV armoire, sofa and table in the living area, and a bed & TV in the bedroom, large closet with ironing board, vanity, mirror, & lots of plugs outside the bathroom. WC and shower were in a separate area. They serve an extensive complementary continental breakfast; eggs, sausage, juice, tea, coffee, milk, danish, fruit, cereal, bagels & cream cheese, pop tarts, and yogurt. Nice breakfast area with tables & chairs around the fireplace. Our only 'issue' was that the other travelers eating in the breakfast area seem to have left their table manner at home - it was a dining theater experience that we could have done without, but that was certainly not a fault of the hotel. Check in was a breeze, and out Internet reservation was exactly as I had booked. Friendly staff. I would certainly stay there (or any Staybridge) again
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Tess

We've stayed at Staybridge suites in San Antonio, Denver and Lincoln (Nebraska). Embassy Suites concept with the free happy happy and free breakfast. They also have 2-3 computers with free Internet access off the lobbies of their hotels. Suites are nice with 2 separate rooms and a full little kitchenette. I like Staybridge Suites because they're a newer chain within the Holiday Inn family so the hotels themselves are newer. If you're looking for a nice, but not fancy, hotel, you'll be fine.

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Tess

That would be 'free happy hour,' of course. Sounds like I've kicked off happy happy hour a little early on this Friday afternoon!!

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your replies.

I'm looking throughout Broward county, so I'll definately look into Hollywood as well.

Thanks again,
Maria
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Just wanted to let you know I just booked the Entrada Resort in Hollywood for $1,000 / 2 weeks / 2 separate efficiency rooms with full kitchen!

Will report back when I return!

Special thanks to GoTravel for recommending the www.sunny.org website where I found this motel.