Question on Roosevelt cabins

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the Rough Rider cabins have electicity? I believe there are no coffee making facilities in the cabins but thought we might bring along a travel kettle if it it possible to plug it in.

I asked if there were any rooms available with bath but was advised there weren't any left for the time we were there. They do not hold a waiting list and suggested I keep telephoning to see if there have been any cancellations. Not sure what the chances are of that!

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM

Yes, they do have electricity. We stayed in them a few years ago and I think they have a couple of electrical plugs. I hope you are not staying in them in November, as there is only a wood-burning stove to keep you warm. We were there in the summer and it was chilly enough at night as it was! There are very few cabins with baths, but the community bathrooms are nearby and are kept very clean. While you're there, make sure to carve out some time to sit in the wonderful rocking chairs on the porch, go for a trail ride cookout, and eat at the Roosevelt Lodge restaurant -- in my opinion, the best value restaurant in the park.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Hi Laura from Texas! Thanks for your reply. We are not going until next July and plan on taking a fleece jacket in case of chilly nights (or days!).

I know the cabins are "rustic" but I think that will be part of the adventure of staying in the park.

I have read up on the cookout, which sounds fun, and also like the sound of the Lodge restaurant.

Now I know I can have my coffee to keep me warm anyway. Thanks!
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 07:48 AM

We didn't stay at the Roosevelt cabins, instead driving from Mammoth Hot springs hotel, but we loved the cookout trail ride dinner. We took our kids who were 2 and 10 at the time and they loved the wagon ride. The people were great, the food good and it was a nice evening. It was a surprise for the 10 year old as she is horse crazy. (Still is at 13.)
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Hi oregonmum - think we will definitely try the trail ride cookout. It must have been wonderful for your kids, especially the 10 year old. One of my daughters was always horse crazy but unfortunately had a dreadful allergy to them and came out in big lumps whenever she was near them! Most unfortunate for her!!

I am avidly searching for lots of ideas and suggestions of what to see when we get there - I am like a child waiting for Christmas!

Thanks once again for your response.