Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Public transport from Denver to Boulder?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Amy

Does anyone know of a way to get from Denver to Boulder without renting a car? We're flying in to Denver in late March and are meeting a friend in Boulder the next day. We were thinking we could save some money and time by taking a train or a bus. Is there any way to do this? Also, once we get to Boulder, will it be fairly easy to navigate without a car? We'll likely be meeting some family for dinner and staying at a Bed & Breakfast. What would those who are familiar with the are recommend? Thanks a lot!

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Steve

Amy

There is regular bus service from DIA to Boulder. It is called the Skyride and costs around $8. No train system between Denver and Boulder. Buses run about every hour I believe. They can drop you in South Boulder, in the University area, or downtown. Whether you need are car or not will depend on where you are staying and what you want to do. The downtown area is fairly compact so if you stay there you can easily walk to shops, restaurants, etc. You could even walk to many of the hiking trails in the foothills. Bus service is fairly good and taxis are available as well. You will need a car if you want to head up into the mountains. I have seen a number of B & B's around town but have not been inside. Most of them are in the downtown area.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:04 AM
Amy

Thank so much! This will save us a good bit of money and time. The B&B's I've been looking at are located downtown, so we shouldn't need a car, either.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 11:34 AM
ejb

Amy, I just saw your post and think that you might be happier with the SuperShuttle as transport to Boulder. I live here and travel a lot and I appreciate the door to door luxury they offer. Their counter is just outside the baggage carousels.
Our bus system is really very good if you would like to avoid renting a car. If you stay in the downtown area you'll have access to many great eateries/shops.
Be sure to visit my sister's pastry shop - The Cream Puffery - cuban coffee with extraordinary exotic sweet treats, on 15th between Canyon and Arapahoe.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Amy

Thanks for the advice, ejb. Can you tell me a little more about the Super Shuttle? We will have some luggage (since it's the winter and all), so getting dropped off at our B&B would be nice. Is the Super Shuttle an airport limo service? How much does it cost? I printed off info about the Skyride from the DIA website... do you think more information about the Shuttle would be there?

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 06:15 AM
ejb

Amy, SuperShuttle's phone number is 303-227-0000. They run DIA to Boulder at 10 after the hour from 8:00 AM to 11:10 PM. In light of recent events, I don't know if they have changed that schedule. I only know that door to door service for my daughter and I is $35. They do offer quantity discounts.
Have a wonderful trip - although a bit politically ecentric, Boulder is known as the 'Disney Land' of U.S. cities because of it's neatness, incredible beauty, and famous physical fitness of the natives!

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Steve

Amy

Super Shuttle is good too but I sometimes find it inconvenient as sometimes you are required to switch to another van after arriving in Boulder and then may have to wait until other people are dropped off until you get to your stop. If the B & B you are staying at is close to the 14th and Walnut bus station you could easily walk and there are taxis readily avaliable making the cost still less than the supershuttle. I guess I am just a big fan of the SkyRide. By the way, the best restaurants downtown, in my opinion, are 14th St Bar and Grill at 14th and Pearl, and the Mediteranean (sp) at 10th and Walnut. I only mention this because I am hungry and heading out to the Med right now for dinner.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 07:09 AM
Amy

Steve:
Do you know if the Boulder Victoria Inn on Pine Street is near the bus station on 14th and Walnut?

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 09:36 AM
Steve

Amy

I believe the Victoria Inn is located at 13th and Pine. Pine street is four short blocks north of Walnut. Then 13th is one long block west of 14th. No more than a ten minute walk. That's a great location - just two blocks from the Pearl Street Mall.