Reload this Page >

Cannon Beach Places to Stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 07:56 PM
ralph

Hi everyone. My wife and I are returning to Cannon Beach for a getaway in Nov. and wondering if anyone out there had any accommodation recommendations...we have stayed at the Cannon Beach Hotel before and enjoyed it..just curious if there is anything else we should consider?
Thanks!

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 02:30 AM
Houdini

What might this Cannon Beach be located???

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 03:07 AM
BTilke

First, for Houdini, Cannon Beach is in Oregon. Ralph, many people, myself included, will suggest the Stephanie Inn--rooms with fireplaces and private oceanview balconies, afternoon wine tastings, good food. But it's very popular and you should book ASAP, especially if you're planning a week-end stay. Stormwatchers love to stay there during the colder months like November, Dec., etc. You're more likely to find availability for a midweek visit.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 04:45 AM
Skye

look out for lots of rain in Oregon in November. It rains most every day in November. October is alot nicer.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Colleen

Hi,
I recently stayed at the Hallmark Resorts which is directly on the beach. It was wonderful! They have a website http://www.hallmarkinns.com/
If you can splurge for an oceanfront spa suite, I'd highly recommend it. These rooms overlook the beach and have a fireplace, king sized bed and a wonderful jacuzzi tub for two in the room. There was also a kitchen in the room as well. Hope that helps!

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 04:19 PM
ralph

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Anyone else stay at the Hallmark?
And Houdini..that would 'where', not 'what'...

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 06:45 PM
Rick

Ralph
The Hallmark is very nice,, but the Stephanie Inn is in a class of its own.
If you want the best that cannon beach has to offer its the Stephanie. Plus the dinner they have, might be only on the weekends, but its a fixed price one sitting six course meal where the chef comes out and talks about each course. VERY good.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Kinta

We stayed at the Hallmark and liked it.
It is/was in the Entertainment Book so half price rooms and its near the Stephanie so has very similar views for alot less $$$$$$$$.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 08:54 AM
ldsant

Looks like everybody is in agreement about these two places - Stephanie Inn and Hallmark. I stayed at the Stephanie Inn a few times (going back again next month) and just think it's absolutely wonderful! The charm of the place, the staff is superb, the little touches just are wonderful. I highly recommend it.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 01:59 PM
aja

Stayed at Hallmark and told them it was my bithday (yes it really was). When we got to the hotel there was a bottle of champagne in the room!

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 10:00 AM
Suzie

Stayed in the Hallmark in room facing the beach with a fireplace. It was very nice.