Printing messages here???

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Sara Beth

Printing messages here???

I have been trying to print/copy messages here and have been unable to do it. Is it my computer? Or is this site set up so that it can't be reproduced??? --Is that even possible??? Only the left column of questions prints out. What am I doing wrong?

ALSO, when I try to send it to my email, or other file, that doesn't work either.

You probably think I'm kidding, but this is a serious question. I've only been on line for a few months and I really don't understand. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Sara Beth

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 11:25 AM
herself

Sara,
I select, by running curser over messages I want to keep. Then copy and paste it on my word document.
Good luck

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 11:26 AM
Jeanette

Sara Beth: I had that happen one time. Try moving your cursor over to the right hand side of the screen, scroll down the posts, then go to your print que and click but return the arrow to the right side of your board after your click on your print command. It should print the responses on the right instead of the left topics list. It isn't the site as you can print these threads. Hope it helps and you have success.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 11:36 AM
susan

I've had the same trouble. After I highlight the material I want to copy and click on Edit, I always find that the "copy" is unavailable for use. But I just backed into some new information and here it is. I found that after I'd clicked on the "post my reply" I once again can copy and paste infomation to a letter or another file. Go figure.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 06:20 PM
SharonM

Thank You, Sooooo Much! for asking this question, Sara Beth!
Same thing happened to me! I pressed "print" and got all the threads on the left when I (of course!) wanted the comments on the right!

I'll try to make sense of the above fine replys and test it out!

Good luck to you,
Sharon.

Sharon.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 06:25 PM
SharonM

PS...Just tried copying and then pasting to wordpad and it worked great!

(you computer whizes....just hush!)

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 08:40 PM
B

I wanted my husband to see a message on this forum while he was at work. I clicked on "send frame" and what was sent (emailed) was the left hand border. I had told him which number to click on and when he did, the message that normally appears on the right came up as another open window. When this happens, you can print it or whatever you want.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 05:32 AM
peg

I did all that too, and it sure was irritating, until I realized that all I had to do was click in the righthand column, then select file/print. You should not have to highlight, cut/paste, select, or anything else. just make sure your cursor is in the right hand column.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 05:04 AM
abc

How do

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 01:11 PM
Chris

Windows users can also right click on the message frame (the lower right) and select print from the menu there. This will tell the browser to print the contents of that frame (the messages) rather than some other frame. This is the same effect as clicking in the message area and choosing File | Print.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Bill Irving

When you click on the message in the left hand column, it only opens the responses in the right hand column, it doesn't make the right-hand column active. You need to think of each column as being a separate window. So at this point, even though the responses have appeared in the right column, the left hand column is the active window. Move your mouse to anywhere in the righthand column & do a single click, this will make the right hand column the active window & then you can print from there, using file/print (do this inside the column, if you click on the scroll bar on the right-hand column, you may not always be activating that column. )