Prince Concert

Old Mar 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prince Concert

I am going to be attending the prince concert in champaign on April 10th. I would like to know which hotels are the nicest in near vacinity (walking or short cab ride) of the venue (Assembly Hall). I would also like to know if there are any nice clubs and restaurants in the area. I will probably drive down from Chicago on Sat. morning, check into hotel, have a nice dinner, attend the concert, go to a club afterwards and drive back to Chicago Sunday morning. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Can't help you on a place to say. Just wanted to say that was a great concert. He is much more instrumental and much more of a dancer now.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Hawthorn Suites on Neil Street is approximately two blocks from Assembly Hall. I've never stayed there, so I can't comment on the rooms, but I've been in the lobby and conference area. I think this hotel would suit your needs. Some nice restaurants in the area include Kennedys at Stone Creek (good seafood), Biaggi's (pasta/chicken), The Ribeye (steak), Menecci's (Italian), and

Old Mar 6th, 2004, 07:59 PM

Sorry...having frustrations with my Internet connection, spaced out, and hit the "post reply". I'm not much help with clubs and bars in Champaign. Jillian's is a nice bar with a more subdued crowd. Hope you enjoy Prince!
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 07:06 AM
jasper

dying to hear what, if any dates he is playing in new york!! the membership to the website (to get presale info) seems steep. if anyone hears anything, let me know!

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 08:04 AM

jasper--I just searched on ticketmaster.com and it doesn't look like he'll be in NY. Two dates in PA, though...one in Pittsburgh and one in University Park (sorry, not from the area, so I don't know where that is). Check out the website for the dates!
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 11:54 AM
jasper

thanks travelisfun! i'll keep my eye out, or else will have to consider going to PA as the next best thing.