Priceline San Francisco bidding question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The proverbial 3 people problem...if I bid for a 4 star hotel with Priceline is there a chance that I'll get a room with one bed and no room for my 14 yo?
This did happen to us once in D.C. but I think we bid on a 3 star.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM

You already asked similar question on another thread and got quite a few replies:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=35140126

If you can't find a thread your started or replied to, simply click on your name and it will show them to you.

Deb
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM

It is quite likely that you will get a room with just one large bed.

Priceline does NOT work reliably for 3 adults - esp in large cities wherre rooms tend to be smaller.

This is not a question - just a silly thing to do.

What happens if you get a hotel with only one-bedded rooms? Do you just accept the loss of your money and go elsewhere? Pay for a separate room for your 14 year old at full price.

Use hotwire or kayak or whatever instead - that lets you put in 3 adults.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM

Star rating is determined almost exclusively by what amenities are offered (pool, room service, etc) and has nothing to do with room size. We have stayed in hotels in SF where there would not have been room reasonably for even a roll-away, even if hotel allowed it. This does not seem like a good time to try Priceline - or you could submit really low bids for 2 rooms, which if you get lucky could be lower cost than one market-rate room.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Almost all the hotels on Priceline are major chains or large hotels. You should be fine, just don't bid "boutique" that is a huge red flag for cool tiny hotel!! I have bid several times for SF on PL and always have been able to get 2 doubles or a rollaway. Last time, March, I stayed at the St. Francis for 115 and they asked if we wanted to upgrade to a room with 2 queens or a view for$25, I was with just one other person, my sister-in-law, and we upgraded for fun. The most expensive part of the trip was parking $40 a day so unless you need a car...use public transportation! Have fun....our hotel was beautiful. I ALWAYS bid resort or highest star level...the staff is always very friendly and accomodating.