Search

Priceline hotel locations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline hotel locations

Hello!

I have been bidding on Priceline for a Las Vegas Hotel for 6/27-6/29. I was bidding only for strip hotels. I was considering expanding my search to include the convention center area and/or west of strip area. However, I am not familiar enough with Las Vegas to know if these areas are far from the strip. Are they?

Also, does anyone have another website that has good deals on Las Vegas hotels?

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:48 AM

Many of the hotel websites offer good deals. LV hotels prices seem to vary and change often so you have to check several sources. Also check expedia and other booking sites, as well as calling the hotel directly. If you book through the hotel and the price drops, you can call and have your reservation adjusted (we did this last year). Also when inquiring about prices, ask about special or discounts (AAA etc.). They don't always volunteer this info so you have to ask. Priceline is tough for weekend dates in LV.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM

I'm not sure I'd use Priceline for hotels in Vegas or Reno, because I think I can do as well or better elsewhere. In the past I've used www.Travelworm.com for hotels in Reno - they seem to have amazing deals for those two cities though not for any place else. I had no hassles at all using Travelworm and no booking fees.

Andrew
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 11:38 AM

Although i founded a Priceline/Hotwire message board (so i'm a BIG believer in both services), Las Vegas is the one city that i DON"T recommend using either.

The biggest drawback is that their zones, even the strip zone, includes areas that are off of the stip (ie- "near strip"). For a first time visit to Las Vegas, you want to be ON the stip (ideally anywhere between MGM/NYNY and Treasure Island).

What is your budget for a room, perhaps we can make a few suggestions within your price range.

I will also add that prices for hotels in LV fluctuate more frequently than any other city that i've encountered. Check various sources for pricing, and check them OFTEN.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:08 PM

We stayed in Las Vegas last September and having made several searches on the internet, we found we got the best deal by dealing direct with the hotel which we eventually stayed in.