Search

priceline.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 06:51 PM
angel

priceline.com

mother with 2 teens and 6 yr old.- should i try and get a single motel room with priceline . Will the motel harass me for having the 3 kids (total of 4) we always stay in one room

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Leslie

Priceline only promises that a room will accommodate two people. Saying that, you could possibly end up with one queen or one double bed, which would not accommodate the four of you comfortably.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Michelle

I have risked it with priceline and came up a winner (4 people in a luxury golf resort with two queen beds and a jacuzzi tub for $45 a night), and I have risked it (barely a double bed in a room smaller than my walk in closet in NYC for $99) and would up sleeping on the floor. It really depends on the hotel you're staying at and how strict they are on occupancy, how booked they are that night, and what kind of mood the desk clerk is in (or how much authority he has to change the room). Either way its a risk I wouldnt take with kids.
Michelle

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Chris

If you are using priceline, it is definitely advisable to bid for two rooms. Although it all depends on what city you are staying in, i'm confident that $70 would be a reasonable bid for two rooms in a 3* hotel. If you take the risk, be forewarned, however.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 03:16 AM
gail

We have had Priceline rooms that no way would accomodate 3 adult-sized people and a kid (and I consider teens adult-sized). We have also had rooms that would. As above poster said, it is a risk, even if you call individual hotel ahead.

My husband and I plus 2 teens get 2 rooms on Priceline for the 4 of us and it is still cheaper than 1 room booked the usual way. We have had good success asking hotel for rooms that are at least close by on same floor, and often get adjoining rooms.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Susan

Another option: hotwire books rooms at many Embassy Suites. Try your dates on hotwire and if you get a "suite" icon in your results it will accomodate all of you, and be cheaper than if you booked directly with the hotel.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:39 AM
aMom

For what city? I've done priceline for a family of 4 and hadn't had any problems BUT, I always check biddingfortravel.com first to see which hotels are being booked. If it's a hotel that doesn't have regular rooms with 2 double beds (some business-geared hotels only have rooms with 1 king), I won't use priceline. Few hotels charge extra for kids. They may charge extra for a rollaway (which we always request). We've successfully used Priceline for 4 of us, in Phil., DC, Tucson and Scottsdale. We did not try it for Boston (for the reason I mentioned) and wouldn't do it in NYC for the same reason (but we live here so don't need a hotel!).

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Postal

I just returned from Key West, where I got the La Concha Hotel on Duval Street for $50 per night and they upgraded me to a large one bedroom suite! You just never know what you're going to get with Priceline, but often it's GREAT!