Price is Right, again-for TahitiTams

Dec 27th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Price is Right, again-for TahitiTams

Sorry--I am new to Fodor's so I hope I am doing this right, lol! I really want to ask TahitiTams a question about her experience at Price is Right. I am traveling there at the end of January with my 80year old grandma and we have been told so many different things about improving our chances to be called to "come on down". How did you do it? Were you just enthusiastic in your interview? Or in line? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Actually, I am goin on down after watching Monday's episode...A $78K Caddy???? woooohoooooo, here I come....
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I'm not TahitiTams, but my sister made it onto the Price is Right. Obviously you should be enthusiastic in the interview, but if you watch the show, you'll notice that *most* people who get called down have something of interest on their clothing -- a TPIR-related message or at least a college team. My sister -- who is very loud and friendly -- was wearing a bright red shirt (homemade) with a cute Price Is Right saying on it.

Recently saw a guy who wore a tee that said "I neutered my dog." He made the cut.

Also, since your grandma is 80, she may want to mention in the i'view how long she's been watching!

Dec 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Oh, and get there EARLYEARLYEARLY.

My family went at 5 a.m. People were there before them. But even if you have tickets, it fills up -- and overfills. You don't want to get all the way there and not even get IN, let alone get to play!
Dec 27th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Great info. Did your sister win anything?
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

And also, I didn't mean to make it sound like this was only for one person......anyone that knows anything about the subject please respond. Thanks so much!!
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:59 PM
TahitiTams

Hi jillie!
I take it you already have your tickets via E-Mail or mail and you have your date and time..
What has worked for me is it's all about the personality during the interview and that happens the very last before you go into the Bob Barker Studio..
Groups of around 12 are herded to 3-4 guys that ask your name and what you do and this is where you need to shine the most because they choose you during that 5 minute period before you walk in..they take notes..became a little more gregarious than usual and kinda of be a goofball that will make for good TV...tapings for us was around 2:30pm.
Do not wear any type of company logo shirt and wearing a PIR shirt or having anything with pets on is good.

I would suggest staying at the Farmers Daughter Hotel directly across the street..very popular with PIR fans and winners.if not park at the Farmers Market structure for the day..around $20 and get there at CBS no later than 5:30am and with Bob's retirement, might be packed at 4am..
I went in the summer...check to see if you can leave the property to your hotel after you have your name badge.
Also, watch the show everyday just to be up on games and prices..bring a snack.
You are going to have so much fun.
I wish you and your Grandmother all the best and please let us know how you did.

farmersdaughterhotel.com
priceisrightinfo.com
cbs.com

BeachBoi..wasn't that sweet!
karameli..right on about your sister..great advice too..

Dec 28th, 2006, 06:30 AM

Observe what colors people are wearing who are chosen to come on down. They don't pick anyone in colors that fade into the set or clash with Bob's outfit.

Chances of being a contestant are slim-to-none, and I hope you realize that having a ticket doesn't guarantee even a seat at the show. This year with all the hype about Bob leaving, things are even tighter than usual I'm sure. Be realistic, it's not nice to get an 80 year old grandma's hopes up. Plan other things to do on your trip because CBS could be a total disappointment.
Dec 28th, 2006, 07:00 AM

Karameli..Sweet,Sweet!! Jeez, I could hobnob the celeb circuit with a Caddy like that gal won...You might even see me on Access Hollywood!! There I am with Paris!! wooohooo...On Monday's show "Nina" looked to be an elderly GrandMa.After she was picked for the "line-up" Bob was clued that she actually was the very first person in line the night before.I dont think she won but she had a blast.
Dec 28th, 2006, 07:25 AM

My sister definitely did NOT win a Caddy! She was actually the last person called down that day, and bid $20 over the actual price. Lost to a guy who bid a dollar. Oh well! She was given a Coleman portable charcoal grill as a consolation prize, which they valued at (eek!) $300. It became a running joke because she had to pay $90 in income tax on the stupid thing.

So BeachBoi or Jillie, keep in mind, if you win a $78K Caddy, you'd better have $23,000 in disposable income lying around! Yikes!

Either way, the 8 family members who did NOT "come on down" said it was fun just to watch the show being taped.
Dec 28th, 2006, 07:35 AM

K...That was my first thought when she won the car.Who has that kinda cash-o-la.I know people who watch/tivo/tape TPIR, just because to them it is th ebest show on TV..Everyone is having a blast.