Pocano's

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:44 AM
Kim

Pocano's

My husband and I were thinking of going to the place in the Pocano's with the Champagne baths...etc.

Has anyone been there? Is it as nice as the photo's show?

Any in put would be appreciated.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:04 AM
editor

Poconos. Please, no apostrophe.

Also, those resorts are all really pretty tacky. There are some beautiful inss and B&Bs in the Poconos.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
May

My sentiments exactly.
Pocono resorts are pretty cheesy.
If you like old Vegas type hotels and such, you might enjoy of these places.
Everyone has his/her own taste, of course.
But I think the ads make the places look a little classier than they really are (OK, a lot classier).
But it really depends on what you like.
Obviously many people return there over and over again.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:01 AM
x

Kim: It's spelled PocOno, not Pocano.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:02 AM
Frenchie

Do they put fresh Champagne in for each new guest? Do you have to shimmy up the glass stem to get in? What brand of Champagne do they use? I can only bath in French Champagne.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:57 PM
Rudyard

Just in case you are serious - DON'T! These places are beyond tacky. The Poconos are quite nice, just these cheesy places that suck.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:24 PM
amateur

I have a hunch here, and I could well be wrong, and I apologize if I am, but there is a poster named "Kim" who has spent a lot of time lately topping posts from 1997, responding to them with one line of vapid comment, and drawing people into pointless dialogue. I truly hope this poster isn't that same person. If Kim has been looking at pictures of the Poconos, presumably she knows how to spell it.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Kim

Actually I thought I was spelling it right but flipping from page to page I must have got the spelling wrong, sorry. I am not the same Kim who is topping posts. My hubby and I are celebrating our 15 wedding anniversay and it looked like a really nice place but I know pictures can be deceiving so I thought I would ask someone who has been there. I actually thought is was just a champagne glass and you just filled it up with water. After reading all your posts though I will re-think this place, that is disappointing because the pictures are beautiful. Can anyone recommend a place in the same area because it is beautiful. I won't take offense to the last post but I am not that person.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:38 AM
nyer2

Actually Kim:
Those places are for 22 year old brides and grooms with no money for a honeymoon.
Many of those "honeymoon" hotels went out of business.

It is such a beautiful area, I agree with editor, check around for a lovely B & B or an inn.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Gail

Can you go up as far as the Adirondacks? Some great lodgings up there with gorgeous mountain and lake views. Lake Placid Lodge and Mirror Lake Inn both have websites with good pictures (www.lakeplacidlodge.com and mirrorlakeinn.com) which make great anniversary getaways (but pretty expensive

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Nikki

The Poconos are beautiful - it's a really lovely area. One in particular is the Lake Wallenpaupack region. You can find some of the prettiest spots in there.

As far as the hotels with the champagne glass hot tubs and the hot tubs in the guest room - there are probably still some nice places there . Mount Pocono is a lovely area and the Stroudsburg PA area has much to offer nice inns, antique shops, pretty little restaurants. I wouldn't give up on it - you might really like the area and find much to return to. lots of luck and I hope you try it.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Lily

Hi Kim and congratulations! A little more than an hour's drive from the Poconos is a lovely town called New Berlin. There is a very romantic place there called The Inn at New Berlin, we stayed there on our first anniversary and had a great time! They have a website: newberlin-inn.com

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Anita

Kim, I think you would be better off at a Bed and Breakfast in the region. My family owns a vacation home in the Poconos which is near a pretty B&B. Here is a nice choice in Pocono Pines:

http://www.mountaintoplodge.com/index.html