please help

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:02 AM
brandee

please help

i will be flying to san diego with a 1yr old any suggestions on how to keep her occupied?another question is people keep telling me to not take to disney or seaworld or anything cuzz she'll never remember,but i think just her initial reaction will all be worth is. please help!!!!!

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:38 AM
ABS

I was in your same situation l0 years ago with our first child. Try to plan ahead for the plane by bringing several of his/her favorite toys, books, and snacks. If the child is drinking or eating on take-off, this will help. We did drive from San Diego to Disney to give her this experience. Everyone told me the same thing that she will not remember it. But of course, since our child is so bright, we thought differently!! Well, guess what? They were right. She doesn't remember a thing. It cost a lot of money and was very stressful. She was not used to eating out at every meal - dinner the first night almost finished us off. You don't indicate if another adult will be going. If not, absolutely don't attempt it. It really is not worth it. Stay in San Diego. Stroll around the world famous zoo and Balboa park and you and your child will both enjoy the adventure. Save your money and nerves for later years. In fact, our now ll year old has never had any interest in Disney (thank goodness)! Once was enough for me.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:38 AM
x

How far will you be traveling with her, brandee? Be prepared to be bashed. Definitely take antihistimine to keep her eustacian tubes open and tylenol to make her feel better as the air pressure changes.

As far as her remembering, well, she won't. Think America's Funniest Home Videos and the toddler's reaction to the large stuffed character at the character breakfast - terror! I'm not familiar with anything out there, but I'd imagine a petting zoo would be fun. A day at the beach would be nice.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Faina

If you decide to take your 1 yr old to Disneyland you may want to take it to Knott's Berry Farms instead, less people there, easier to get on rides, easier to get food. Knott's seemed to me to be more small children oriented then D-land.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:39 PM
travellyn

I'd skip Disney with a 1 year old. We took my son there (couldn't get a sitter) for a day when he was a little over a year old, and very little there was at all suitable for him. Even the teacups are too much for someone that age. The "It's a Small World" boat ride gets a little old after 3 or 4 trips through.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:53 PM
sightseer

The San Diego Zoo is a hit with my friend's 1 year old. She also loves to be pushed around Balboa Park.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:07 AM
socal

don't go to knotts berry farm like the one poster said. it is not geared towards little kids. sure they have their camp snoopy area, but there is nothing there that you really need to see. i would say if you want an amusement park, go to disneyland or legoland. i also suggest the san diego zoo and the wild animal park.