Pisces Restaurant in Cape Cod

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a recent trip to Cape Cod, I made the mistake of taking my family to eat at Pisces restaurant, which is ranked as a Fodor's choice. This restaurant not only did not accomodate children, but the staff made my family feel unwelcome for bringing our well-behaved 18 month old to dine there. To add insult to injury, they charged us a "seat" fee of $15 for her. This was infuriating since I had to bring my own "seat" for my daughter (the restaurant does not supply high chairs) and as I explained to the staff when I made the reservation, I could not order any food for my daughter because she has severe food allergies. Considering the impolite service and less than appetizing food, I would not recommend this restaurant to families, couples or singles.
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM

They do post a $15 min. food charge on their web site and menu. Nonethless, unless the "seat" required you be at a larger table it seems very wrong to charge extra for a child. I looked at the menu and it seems they have chosen an array of the now tired popular items of the last deacde ..... Do we have to suffer through yet another Statler Chicken Breast..... off my list - thanks
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM

I find the mere suggestion of the charge arrogant.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 07:10 AM

I am not familiar with this particular restaurant - but there are certain upscale type restaurants that do cater to an adult clientele who desire an adult atmosphere. People with babies or very young children should be aware of this. We had a rule when our kids were little - no restaurants with table cloths. Nevertheless - that charge for the baby was unconscionable.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Sorry to hear about your awful experience. Most of the restaurants on the Cape are usually very family friendly. If you do come back to the Cape, try the Yarmouth House on Rt. 28 in W. Yarmouth or the Daniel Webster Inn on Main St. in Sandwich.