Philly hotel location

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:02 AM
dee

Philly hotel location

Can anyone tell me if the Holiday Inn Historic District (Independance Mall) is near the bars/clubs in Philly? I want to make sure I'm staying in the center of everything while I'm there for 1 night.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Henly Gold

It depends what bars/clubs you are planning on visiting. It is around a 6 block walk to some Olde City Bars/Clubs. If you want to stay right in Olde City, I may suggest the Omni, Society Hill Sheraton (between Olde City and South Street)and I think there is a new hotel right on Delaware Avenue, a Hyatt Penn's Landing, that would be close walk to Olde City and right near major clubs of Delaware Avenue. If you are planning on going to more Rittenhouse Square bars (Bar Noir, Rouge, etc) you would want to stay closer to square, Sofitel, Sheraton Ritt Sq, etc. Once you are in center city, it should not cost you more than 7 dollars to go from place to place in a taxi. Let me know if I can help further.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Henly Gold

It depends what bars/clubs you are planning on visiting. It is around a 6 block walk to some Olde City Bars/Clubs. If you want to stay right in Olde City, I may suggest the Omni, Society Hill Sheraton (between Olde City and South Street)and I think there is a new hotel right on Delaware Avenue, a Hyatt Penn's Landing, that would be close walk to Olde City and right near major clubs of Delaware Avenue. If you are planning on going to more Rittenhouse Square bars (Bar Noir, Rouge, etc) you would want to stay closer to square, Sofitel, Sheraton Ritt Sq, etc. Once you are in center city, it should not cost you more than 7 dollars to go from place to place in a taxi. Philadelphia's downtown area is not that large. Let me know if I can help further.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:54 AM
dee

Thanks for the info. The thing is I'm not sure what the good places are. My friends suggested Polyesters and I read about Katmandu which looked fun. This is for a bachlorette party so I'm up for suggestions! Thanks!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Henly Gold

Polyester's will be a blast. Try to call ahead of time and tell them you are a bach. party, and maybe they can get you in for free or on a list. It is super cheesy, but so much fun for bach party. There are hotels right near there, at the convention center, but I would suggest staying in Olde City, maybe where you are already booked, and going to some bars there, and then heading to Polyesters late night. Envy and Five Spot are clubs in Olde City, plus there are a ton of martini type bars and lounges all around. You may have fun at Cuba Libre, Continental, Plogh and Stars and Continental for a drink or two before you head out. The Delaware Avenue Clubs (such as Katmandu) are very large and on the water. I have not been to them for years, so I can not give you any specifics. If you like club music (techno) I suggest clubs such as Shampoo and Transit, which will be around 5 dollar taxi ride from Holiday Inn.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:20 AM
dee

Thanks so much for the info...it's helpful!