Search

Philly info please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:41 AM
dee

Philly info please

I'm booking a short stay in Philly with some friends and want to stay in an inexpensive hotel near all the sites and still close to the bars/clubs. Any info would be great!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 08:36 AM
lila

The trendy clubs are in old city, near South St. Try the Sheraston or Holiday Inn. There are some excellent B&Bs nearby on Chestnut St.They are reasonable.Check a B& B directory, I forget the names.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Vince

Agree with Lila. Also try the Best Western Independence Park Hotel on Chestnut Street. Location can't be beat.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:22 AM
David

Dee,

Try priceline.com I got a $50 a night rate at the Crowne Plaza at 18th and Market a couple of years ago. It is walking distance to Rittenhouse Square, City Hall, and the Parkway/Museums District. You can catch the Market-Frankford Line subway at City Hall to get to Old City and the Historic Area.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:42 PM
michele

I like the Sheraton Society Hill and the Omni. Both are in Old City and there are a TON of great restaurants and bars within walking distance. Also very close to Independece Hall, etc.