Philadelphia Sunday Morning LayOver

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philadelphia Sunday Morning LayOver

US Air just changed my May international flight and I can either get to the airport 50 minutes before the flight or 10 hours! I'm afraid to take the 50 minute connection but the 10 hour lay over puts me in at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. I read the other posts about layovers, but none were on a Sunday am. I'm strongly considering a hotel room - is there a hotel attached to the airport? I've thought of renting a car, but didn't know if there would be anywhere to go that would be open. Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
yk

Yes, there's a hotel at the PHL airport.

But for 10 hours, you can easily go to the city and enjoy your day there. No need to rent a car. Just take the SEPTA train R1 straight from the terminal and get off at either Suburban Station, or Market East Station. Depending on your interests, you can walk around Rittenhouse Sq, visit Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, etc; or visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

You have plenty of time (the train ride to downtown is less than 30 minutes). Enjoy Philadephia!

For more info, go to:
http://www.gophila.com/
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Airport Marriott is attached to Phila. Airport. If you are a AAA member they have some great discounts.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 05:05 AM

RagtopGirl -

I agree - definitely a good idea to hop on SEPTA and come into town.

If you want to treat yourself to something really special, make a reservation NOW for Sunday brunch at the Four Seasons, at 17th & the Parkway (a short walk from the Suburban Station stop). It is something phenomenal, not inexpensive though, but a real treat. Then afterwards, walk off your brunch along the Parkway and visit the Art Museum, which is open on Sundays.

If you want to get a quick view of the city and see some sights,get on the Philly Phlash, the purple hop-on/hop-off bus (see www.phillyphlash.com) It's only a dollar every time you go on, or $4 for an all-day pass.

I would also recommend investing in an inexpensive map of Center City Philadelphia - it will help you keep your bearings and find your way around more easily.

Have a wonderful stopover - Philly is a great town, even for a quickie!
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Jed

A map is a good idea, and it can be had free from AAA, if you are a member.

A train into center city and moseying around would be reasonable if you have a few hours.

If you decide to stay at an airport hotel, check out biddingfortravel and priceline. Many airport hotels have shuttle service.