Philadelphia Restaurant

Old Apr 9th, 1998, 04:57 PM
jackb.

Philadelphia Restaurant

Looking for info on Jack McDermid's Firehouse Restaurant in Philadelphia. And how's the food!!!

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 07:15 PM
jackb.

Someone must know the Firehouse Restaurant!!!

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 10:37 AM
pbrandes

The food is OK. Overall, it is quite over-rated. I can think of about 20 better places, with comparable prices. If you're interested...The Fountain at the Four Seasons (does not have to be expensive); The Swan Lounge at the Four Seasons (excellent Viennese Table after 9 p.m. with live music); Cary's; Susanna Foo's; Le Colonial; Bistro Perrier; The Garden; North Star Bar; Joseph's on the Avenue; Tony Clark's; etc. If you want some background, let me know.

Old Apr 23rd, 1998, 09:00 PM
AK

Hi Jack,
My all time favorite restaurant in Phila. is The White Dog Cafe on Sansom St. across from the Univ. of PA law school. Wonderful food & great atmosphere!

Old Apr 25th, 1998, 05:50 AM
Beverly

Just to inform you, it's Jack McDavid.

Old May 6th, 1998, 05:26 AM
Mark

If Jack's is out of reach, try his other place in the Reading Terminal Market - the Down Home Diner(which he own's, but I'm not sure how involved he is). It's a lot cheaper, not as exotic but really great, all the food is made with things bought at the Terminal (12th & Arch). There has also been a big upswing in new restaurants in old city (someone else posted message with upscale restaurants mostly west of Broad Street). Try Serrano, Roccoco, the Plough and the Stars, the Continental, Lucy's Hat Shop, The Onion Pie and Nick's Roast beef (for great cheap eats), St. Jack's, Warmdaddy's (for atmosphere), Live Bait, Brasil's, and a lot more. All are located in between Front and 3rd and Market and Chestnut. Jack's is located near the Art Museum (on the other side of the city) on (I think) Fairmount Street at about 24th (near the Eastern State Penitentary - a really old abondoned prison).

Old May 15th, 1998, 04:22 PM
erin

Pietro's Italian is really good--on 18th and some other street--look it up.

Spaghetti Factory also good.

Old May 17th, 1998, 06:38 PM
Michelle

I recommend The Old Original Bookbinders or The Restaurant School for romantic elegant meals.