Reload this Page >

SF SHERATON (WHARF) OR HOLIDAY INN UNSQUAR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 1998, 05:55 PM
Tom

Anyone stayed at either of these downtown hotels? Assuming equal rates which is best?

Old Apr 7th, 1998, 05:45 AM
Paul

I would go with Holiday Inn. Better location and I think that Sheraton is too sterile. A better Sheraton is the Palace near Union Square.

Old May 10th, 1998, 09:59 AM
Jackie O'Fee

I would agree, we went to SF last year and the Sheraton (for the money) I didn't rate.

There is a Holiday Inn at the Wharf have you thought about that. If you are on a budget then the Travel Lodge at the Wharf is hard to beat right across from Pier 39.

Old May 11th, 1998, 04:08 PM
Walt

Both hotels are fine, just depends on your personal preferences . If you are with children, suggest the sheraton at the wharf. The Union Square location is a good centralized downtown location if you intend on taking advantage of being in the center of town. It is convenient to great restaurants and drinking spots.

Old May 12th, 1998, 09:28 AM
kam

I agree with Walt. Children should be down at the Wharf. But, there are so many great hotels in SF, why are you limiting yourself to these two chains? SF has some grand hotels, old hotels, small European style hotels---much to choose from. Do some more homework!

Old May 17th, 1998, 12:52 PM
Donna F. Fletcher

I have reservations at the Travelodge/Fisherman's Wharf in SF for July. Has anyone stayed there before. How were the accommodations?

Old May 17th, 1998, 05:42 PM
david

My wife and I stayed there last summer.(tavelodge) The rooms are pretty nice and the location is great. Right across from the warf. It was my wifes first trip to S.F.(I've been many times) and this is why we stayed at the warf. However I would not recommend the warf area if you want to get the true experience of the city. The hotels down town are many and in all price ranges. More great restaurants and things to do and see. The warf area is very touristy and can be seen in a day. However the rest of the city will take a while. You can get a great hotel downtown and ride the trollies to the warf and China town etc. We checked out hotels for my sister in law who was coming into town on business and wanted an inexpensive hotel that was still nice & downdown, we found many from $50 to $100 on Powell St and Geary area. (we actually checked the rooms) AS I recall our ocean view room at the travelodge was $155. However if you do choose the warf area I think the travelodge is a pretty good coice. But again you should check out the rest of the city.